Poole Quay Folk Festival

billy2shots

Was planning on going to the Quay on Saturday for a few beers with some friends for the folk festival. 

As usual, trying to keep everyone happy Is is a waste of time. Particularly because of where people are starting from and where they want to go after. 

My boat is at Parkstone Bay which could be the ideal compromise. 

I was thinking about a potter around the harbour and a couple of slow passes of the Quay. Is there anywhere along there to stop or is it permit/berth holders only?

There is a visitors area (labeled Visitors) along the quay where you can tie up. As long as you have paid your harbour dues it is free. I would not recommend you tie up next to the wharf, raft up with some one if possible, otherwise your boat will get smashed against the wharf every time a boat goes by, and tomorrow will be very busy. 

Have a great day

Thanks Greg. 

I’ve also seen that Poole Quay boat haven have visitors spaces for £7.50 for up to 4 hours. It’s probably a bit more sheltered in there so will give them a call to see if there’s spaces available. 

Failing that, a couple of flybys of the Quay and a tour around the islands will be in order. 

Anywhere on the water given the expected temperature!