Fuel price information

overdraft

Hi Guys,

Im sorry to say it's a long time since I visited this site,but glad to see  I'm still a member!! 

Would greatly appreciate any info on fuel prices and availability in Poole area, I see things have changed a bit in the way it is now charged since I last bought any !! Look forward to hearing from you,

many thanks 

Kim 

Hi Martin,

Thanks  for getting in touch, all well this end thank you, same to all you guys nice to see your all still very active with the club, I'm looking at Arvor 25 today, with the idea of keeping on the river again, and using when back and  Debbie is baby sitting the grandchildren!!! And also of course being able to share with them, would appreciate any info as obviously things have changed a bit over the years. I'm sure I'll pop along to a meeting once I have things sorted.

best wishes

Kim 

Been down to the boat today and grabbed my latest receipt.

Since you left we now have to declare and pay duty on fuel used for propulsion (bloody bitchy eu regs)

HMRC have advised that they would accept a self declaration of 60% propulsion and 40% heating and battery charging although the onus is on the boat owner to declare what they see as appropriate for their craft.  Most users declare on a 60/40 basis which I do most of the time.

My last refuel was for 216.66 litres of diesel for £219.90 or £1.05 per litre, this price includes a discount given to those that berth at MDL (Cobbs) Marinas.  Apparently the cost would have been £269.72 or £1.245 per litre without the MDL discount

Hope that helps and look forward to meeting you again soon.

Thank you Martin, it gives me a better understanding of what's going on, what happens when we leave the EU ?? They always have to complicate things .

What do you declare when not most of the time !!! Yes a little different than years gone by 33p a litre!!!

best wishes & yes see you soon I hope .

Kim

The only continently country that got funny with english red diesel is Belgium.  No reports of fines in other countries.  You should always carry your latest fuel receipts to prove both when and where you got it.  Best practice would be to fuel up with white diesel as soon as you hit port in say France and keep the receipt as proof that you are complying with their tax laws however do not take cans full of red with you as this is I believe frowned on.