Billingsgate

jerry.shutter

I have always wanted to visit a grown up fish market, and wondered if anyone would be interested in a trip to Billingsgate or I still have contacts down in Brixham from my catering days. Billingsgate offer various group packages options but I can investigate Brixham. Would any one be interested in a 24 hr trip ? See what happens to our fish from the commercials? We could even make a night of it and have a beer or two.

Perhaps in the autumn or at a time when the weather is not so good🤨🤨

Any interest let me know and I will look into it.

Jerry

I have been to Billingsgate a couple of times as a corporate hospitality event - overnight in London, a 6.30am tour of the market (as it is closing!) and then breakfast in the fish school, followed by fish preparation instruction and a three course lunch with wine before departing with a coolbox full of goodies mid afternoon.

It’s a great day out (I think around £180 per person), but London accommodation and meals would make it quite expensive in total.

I would certainly be up for a trip to Brixham.

ian

With the majority favouring Brixham, there are quite a few dates available. 

At the moment there are roughly ten who want to go, its £15pp including the guided tour and a cooked breakfast, which seems like a great deal. 

Would it be best to look towards the end of the summer? There is availability October 2nd and feel sure we could get a deal on accommodation if there were a few of us,

for a little male bonding for Tony 😜.

If everyone is happy with October 2nd I will book ten slots then look at accommodation?

I will wait until the July meeting so if members who are not active here would like to come they can join us. I will confirm 10 and hope we can have more if needed. Thank you for your idea of transport Hooky, we can look at that after the July meeting.

Jerry

• 4 weeks later...

Jerry, I couldn’t make the meeting last night but if you pm your bank details or text them to 07771 725589 I’ll transfer the funds. I will also go along with either mini bus or overnight beforehand, whichever is the popular option. Regards, Ian

• 1 month later...

Hotel is booked. Premier Inn Paignton South, Brixham Road, TQ4 7AZ

I have booked two single rooms, one for Ian and one for Jerry Sumbler.

The rest of us have twins. The price is £24.50pp for the twins and £49 for single occupancy. If you have not paid £15.00 for the actual tour yet could you please, by bank transfer, here are my details

24-25 Stall Street Bath

JPB Shutter

56-00-34

Should the local Poole contingent wish to go together do organise yourselves,

i would imagine Jerry Sumbler, Gummage, and myself will go direct.

Jerry