Twin Sails

Brian

Ballcocks,  so where do we go for recompense? At least with the old Poole bridge if there is a problem with one leaf the other can be lifted. With twin fails if its broke we are stuffed. Most Mariners told pbc that this bridge was the wrong bridge in the wrong place but they wanted beauty over form. Now residents, boat owners, businesses and the rnli are paying the cost of pbc vanity

When they made the announcement they said, Town Bridge will lift as normal. As if that helps.

The trouble is, PBC won't be held accountable, they will just shrug their shoulders and carry on, there's no way of charging them with wasting pubic money.

Martin,

When I was doing my inquiries with the fog issues, the new manager at Cobbs, Frank is on the PHC committee regards the bridges I was told, obviously not his fault but he SHOULD be keeping us informed of bridge problems I would of thought. He did not contact me, or make comment regards my letters, re the fog incident.

I have been looking at other marinas this morning since Brian posted the news. Let MDL know they might have a few people leaving and at least we might get to hear what’s happening. 

I was told that marine traffic was MORE important than road users which I was very surprised at. Might get a good deal somewhere else if a few of us went, though it would be a shame as I personally really like Cobbs.

I have got the problem that I require petrol which is quite a limited places to get a mooring with this being on site there is a marina opposite brownsea but I have been told the mooring fees are about 1000.00 per year more and I can buy an lot of fuel for that 

I just got under by the skin of my teeth at 9.30 a.m.after Bridge Control announced the closure "until further notice due to an electrical problem." On Ch 12.

Graham, the ladder at the stern of Foxy Fisher is hanging in the water. Tell me where it goes and I will try and sort it for you.

Allan.

Hi Alan

thanks for letting me know about the ladder don’t know what happened to let it down but it lifts up and slides under the swim platform I think that I better get down tomorrow and have a look once again thanks very much 

graham

Anybody know if it's back working on a normal bank holiday schedule today?

Can't see any update on their web page. 

Currently spitting feathers into my cornflakes having just read the posts from yesterday and with a trip out planned today.

Just phoned Cobbs. They say the twin sails is back working today after the roadwork contractors managed to cut through the main electric supply from the Poole side!! Unbelievable.

Beware....old bridge will be lifting first then the twin sails...then the old bridge again (regardless of time of day etc)