Evening trips ?

Hooky

It’s a rare thing to get out during the day so to gauge feedback ideas please ?

Suggest 7pm until ??? ( last bridge 11) 

Area ? Got to be local and keep in sight of each other ( Night fishing can be superb )

Fish supper on way out? 

More a social evening than anything else ? 

Thoughts please

Heads Up,

Just thought I 'd share this as it seems an opportune post.

Recently visited Porthcawl insurance to try and get some clarification on some of the restrictions on my Boat insurance.

Re fishing at night .                         

My insurance doesn't cover me if I go out in the dark and come back in the dark .

It does cover going out in the light and coming back when its dark as it can be construed that there are many reasons that prevent you coming back before darkness sets in .eg tides,weather,bridge lifts etc etc.

If night cover is required I think day skipper is the minimum required qualification as evidence of light and bouyage competence is required.

20 mile cover

Also I tried to extend my 12 mile to 20 mile range on my policy but it required fitting an auxiliary means of propulsion not necessarily capable of getting you home (but recommended) but to keep the boat  heading into the sea rather than risk broaching when beam on under engine failure. No room to fit one on mine but I do have a sea anchor drogue that would help under engine failure conditions.

My cover is staying at 12 mile from nearest land as I never exceed that anyway

It may be that an alternative insurer may have alternative views although I think most are looking to reduce their exposure to risk as my policy terms with the same insurer are becoming tighter each year.

You only seem to find out your not covered when you make a claim😕

Worth checking yours guys I know a lot of you are with Porthcawl Insurance Brokers.

Steve at Porthcawl is a great guy and very helpful and tied in with the local RNLI  an ex small boat owner and knows his stuff.

Needless to say I still get my insurance from him

Peteg

10 hours ago, Brian said:

We just need someone to arrange it.

Yes, I will put up a few dates ASAP 

Im going down to sort my mooring on F pontoon very soon 

I believe it takes 30 minutes (?) Swanage back to the bridge.

Trailer boats from Baiter will need to find out about the last lockout so will need  a date for tides