Plaice and gurnards

Stuie

9.30 start with Ken and motored east to see Alun already set up. Joined in with a few plaice and various gurnards - tub and grey -  and joined by a flotilla of club boats. Wind varied and meant a change of drift line. OK for Ken though he then had three double shots of gurnard and plaice. Wind became uncomfortable and westerly and so it was a steady trip back west for a final drift in idyllic conditions off Durley chine and more plaice. A good day - face caught the sun. Some plaice for tea too. Heard you call up Terrry but you obvioudsly didn't hear me reply several times.

A good day out.

Also a good day in near ideal conditions, it was good s to see so many club members out and about. Pete (Gaffa) was good company for the day and did his bit adding to the catch. We sat it out a bit longer down the Southbourne end but when it went quiet, we made our way back to Bournemouth/Sandbanks where we enjoyed more sport in balmy conditions. Oddly, our only by catch was a small wrasse to me and we ended up with a couple of dozen nice plaice of a good size with only 3 small ones.

I did hear you, Stuie and did shout back but you obviously couldn't hear me, I will have to check out the radio; where were you?

Terry.