Bob Horne Memorial Flounder Competition

Stuie

After inviting myself to join Kev and Dave we got to the secret mark at 7.45.

We waited until 8 to give ourselves a straight 7 hours fishing.

Kingfisher arrived about 7.55 and moored next to us, biting wind cut us in half for the first 3-4hrs. Second cast resulted in a plump Flounder about 2lbs, result,Β one more than we all thought we would catch!!!

After around 3 hours we had 4 Flounders on the boat, great session though freezing. Capt Kev, chef patron knocked up a feast as pictured.

Fishing on,the sun came out and a fish were still coming on board, Dave having the biggest at 2lbs11oz.Β 

Struggling to fish with the snoring coming from Kingfisher, chef patron knocked up a steak sandwich swilled down with a nice bottle of Burgandy.

I think we used 2lbs of worms,Β a lot of food, loads of tea and coffee, and a bottle of red, oh yes and caught 7 Flounders, from around 1lbs8oz to 2lbs11oz.

I think we all thought we would be lucky to see a fish let alone have a respectable session. Great day Kev and Dave thanks for having me along and all the instruction🀣🀣 Other pictures show Dave like a coiled spring, Kingfisher in the sun, Kev in action.

Great shame only around 15 club members were fishing out of about 200 I think.

I was advised joining the club that joining in is the way to learn and get involved, today being case in point. Brilliant fun thank you PBSBAC πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Β 

5B7D7F86-98D4-426A-9465-F529BD14A9CB.jpeg

B50C9FBD-E1C0-4838-8347-FEF8CBBB83E7.jpeg

EB63CF46-3F34-4E76-AE88-10ABB50205C5.jpeg

683CB266-C3C7-4989-8F80-BFA2ADA7EA9A.jpeg

What the h-LLΒ is going on Β steak sandwich and bottle of red + fish ? All I got was 2 coffees and a cup a soup + one fish which I was forced to catch myself πŸŽ£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ all Allan did was drown worms. Β  Only joking Al,atlestΒ we gave it a go, Β please note weight loss since fishing on Fishegeale πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ well-done Kevin and crew.

12 minutes ago, Maverick said:

And the results are:

Β 

1stΒ  - Bobi Francis, Flounder 2lb 15oz

2nd - Dave Evans, Flounder 2lb 11oz

3rd - Bob Cocaine, Flounder 2lb 8oz

Β 

11 flounders in total weighedΒ 

Β 

Well done Bobi

Isn't 2lb 12oz bigger than 2lb 11oz?

What were the results from the RNLI comp?

Well done to those who got out. I need something special to sit out in the cold for not many fish about. If it was non stop and could be reliable / consistent I expect many more would be found floundering about in the harbour.

R

Well done to Bobby and everyone who caught fish, a challenging day day worth the effort. I was sorry not to be out on Stingray, get well soon Neal and thanks for your hostility last night 😊. Thanks to Martin and Dean stepping in at the last minute to give me a ride.

Β 

Two Breakfasts Terry.

Thanks to the members that supported the RNLI open. We had a great turn out with 41 fishing shame the fish were few and far between. 7 fish were weighed in.

Bobi took the top spot with 2lb 15oz and the Β£200 first prize

2nd Bob Cockayne 2lb 8oz Β£75

3rd Bob Rudick 2lb 7oz lift out and jet wash

4th Tom Smith 2lb 5oz Β£50

5th Phil Dawson 2lb 4oz Sonik 15-20lb rod

6th Brian Reed 2lb Β£30 tackle voucher

7th Dave Lynes 1lb 12oz Β£30Β tackle voucher

Β 

Bob Cockayne managed to put the other Bob and Tom on the fish and managed 6 fish over 2lb between them.

Well done to all and a big thank you to everyone for supporting this the first RNLI open flounder comp.Β 

Β 

11 hours ago, plaicemat said:

Well done to Bobby and everyone who caught fish, a challenging day day worth the effort. I was sorry not to be out on Stingray, get well soon Neal and thanks for your hostility last night 😊. Thanks to Martin and Dean stepping in at the last minute to give me a ride.

Β 

Two Breakfasts Terry.

Β 

"thanks for your hostility last night" now now gents, play nicely!!!

Β 

πŸ˜€

Β 

R

Β 

Thanks to Chris for taking on such a long journey, the tide planning and weather checks necessary are very demandingπŸ˜‚.

The chilli was superb and very welcome on a chilly day, lots of tea and good company. 4 fish on Kingfisher, 1 weighed in for me 2lb 7oz.

2 fish to Nigel.

A well attended weigh in at Cobbs and generally aΒ good vibe. More flounders caught than I expected but still lots of time with no bites.