New Boat ?????

gaffa

Well not really  but certainly felt like it:love:

After a long wait for parts finally had a chance to take the old girl out for a spin today to test out engine repairs.

All I can say was it was a revelation

I honestly can't remember when the performance was this good   .......really really impressed.

So there's life in the old girl yet she performed wonderfully ....30mph with more in hand ...rock solid handling and the throttle was so responsive I honestly thought i had bought a new boat.

I must have been pottering along for years with an under performing engine and not known it.

It was a pleasure to be out and when dangling a line definitely took a back seat especially with a northerly blowing straight in your face on the drift.

So for anyone with an old 2001 Mariner EFI 115HP 4 stroke outboard its performance can be radically improved by fitting a new high pressure fuel pump a fuel regulator and setting it up correctly of course .

Big Thank you to Martin and Chris at Holes Bay Marine for sorting it. :wink:

All I have to do now is get hold of a 100amp marine/leisure battery that fits one of my battery compartments as one of my existing squadron batteries has given up the ghost

YEEEE     HAAAA:grin:

After a long wait for parts finally had a chance to take the old girl out for a spin today to test out engine repairs.

I honestly can't remember when the performance was this good   .......really really impressed.

So there's life in the old girl yet she performed wonderfully ....30mph with more in hand ...rock solid handling and the throttle was so responsive I honestly thought i had bought a new boat.

I must have been pottering along for years with an under performing engine and not known it.

It was a pleasure to be out and when dangling a line definitely took a back seat especially with a northerly blowing straight in your face on the drift.

So for anyone with an old 2001 Mariner EFI 115HP 4 stroke outboard its performance can be radically improved by fitting a new high pressure fuel pump a fuel regulator and setting it up correctly of course .

All I have to do now is get hold of a 100amp marine/leisure battery that fits one of my battery compartments as one of my existing squadron batteries has given up the ghost

Well done that man, always nice to hear a grown up get as excited as a kid with a new toy !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you might well be right there Martin........Well until the novelty wears off:wink:

I have next week to cram blasts around the bay and some fishing in and then off to Wales for a week

So any recommendations for best days and marks for next week would be appreciated will have space aboard for at least 1 if needed😁

18 hours ago, gaffa said:

Try Clive at G&C Marine, gave me a good deal on both my batteries