Outboard ( around 80 to 120) long shaft

Hooky

A big decision , it won't happen until Febuary so just putting out the feelers .

Its a hell of a lot of cash (for me) so Doombar will be sat ready for a few upgrades !

£3000 to absolute tops £4000 must have all dials and cables etc , I really fancy a etec . 

Im not too fussed about the make as they all seem pretty good .

Im going to put the word around ( dealers ) as this seems to be the time a lot of owners look to upgrade etc but as usual with over 120 boats and ??????  Members  I'm sure I can get a decent deal from a club member ( I hope !)

I would look at physical lumps. Cos they make a range of engines that are physically the same but different powers.

Choose the highest power for a lump ( power to weight ) within your range.

Or choose a large lump - low power ( so cheaper ) and get it sorted to give the higher power.

Lots of research required I think.

Jim

On 29 November 2018 at 7:52 PM, Rob said:

That at one is superb but !!! This going to drink a fair old bit

Thanks for the link Rob , they also have a 135 Honda , that again perfect ( £4.500 😓

I can't seem to get this Etec thing out of my head , it really seems to ticked all the correct boxes , 

The 115 is the perfect power, very low weight , economy as good ( if not slightly better ) than a 4 stroke, yes I've read about a few issues ( mainly from the yanks and crappy ethanol fuel) 

I've read a lot about the e tecs , I'm not setting my heart on one as I have a concern about getting it serviced ?

Is is there any real concerns about a etec ???  

8 hours ago, Hooky said:
8 hours ago, Hooky said:

I've read a lot about the e tecs , I'm not setting my heart on one as I have a concern about getting it serviced ?

Is is there any real concerns about a etec ???  

Hi Hooky,

I have had 2 Etecs on my boats over the last few years, 1st was a 60hp from new (2005), 1st fault was a broken wire so computer said no start (5 miles south of Old Harry):fearful:, 2nd fault was trim motor (very common fault ).

2nd engine is a 130 Etec, nearly 3 yrs old and faultless, just coming up to my 1st service so starting to get quotes from authorised Etec dealers because of 5yrs warranty,

also I get about 1mile a litre , but if I drive it like I stole it a little more :lol:

I hope this helps you and good luck

Gary

Are you worried that you can't service a etc yourself because of computer set up stuff ?

I’d have this over an etec, Yamaha make excellent engines. If you could get this for £4K I think that would be a good purchase !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wish you lot would stop talking about engines.😝

I'm waiting for mine to be repaired and am having to put my body up for sale to pay for it.😕

As you can guess I've had no takers on the body sale aspect  so I will have to fund it all and will be crying all the way to the bank which will be £2k lighter for Christmas I expect😰

20 hours ago, Rob said:

Utterly perfect , I'm going to send him a message and IF it's available in a couple of months I'm going to stretch the budget .

That etec though !!!!!!!! 

Who is a decent Evinrude mechanic ( @Gazza

I have used South Coast Marine before (xhurch), Mike at the shop is very knowledgeable but does like to talk :lol:.

The engine I have now was fitted by Golden Arrow(Poole),

But if you are out of warranty and on a budget you could service yourself, service kits available on-line , also only every 3yrs:thumbsup:

is this link any good to you ,http://www.etecownersgroup.com/categories

Gary

Poole Marine services ( Golden Arrow ) used to do mine.

A young chap by the name of Sam Cobb.

They are not cheap but I doubt that ANYONE's cheap when the word " marine " is used :(

They know what they're doing and have the software etc. as they're the local dealership for E-Tec.

Oh decisions   decisions   decisions :smileys-fish-777679:

• 2 weeks later...
On 11 December 2018 at 7:17 PM, Tiddler said:

Looks like February's early this year !:lol:

Quote Hooky   "   A big decision , it won't happen until February so just putting out the feelers "

I WANT IT NOW ! ! ! :P

Yep , it's going to be a etec , only when the monies in the bank .

Its got to be fitted and commissioned , no more messing about !

I will ( next year ) have the time to go fishing , possibly Doombar will be moving down to Cobbs ?

Dreaming the impossible ?  A decent Spring and Summer , a new life and only myself to answer too , living the dream ? Very possible .