Air show antics

Rob

Not a catch report as such so putting it in the lounge section!

Yesterday I headed to Mudeford for 8:30 as this was low tide, 0.6 I think. Knew we would have a wait, but got time to get boat ready and beat the rush. Took a non angling friend as we were meeting both our families at the beach where we have access to a beach hut.

We were 3td at the slip, 2 jetskis were even more keen!!! We launched first in to 9" water, just enough to float, but use the car to pull the trailer from under JoJo no worries. By the time I had parked, Locked up trailer had a coffee, we had just enough water to float out. Jetskis were still struggling/waiting, I guess they don't want to suck the mud and gravel up!

We pottered out to the run. Were we found plenty of water over the bar (for us).

And off, we headed to coastguard hut for macs, then the outlets and still none! My crew (little Nick) managed a couple, I got a gar that tried to tangle my feathers, but a good shake and it in rolled, unhooked and dropped back in, result!

Time to head to the beach just after 10 as the kids, wives, nicks extended family (about 20 in total) were there and setup.

We got nice and close in, well, close enough that the do-nut could be used as a tender on a rope! I think that's 60' tow rope and we have 3.5ft under us.

We ferried some kids out to JoJo (including a plate of bacon baps!!!) To take them for a ride. It was a bit choppy for the kids to stay in the tube long, but they enjoyed it all the same.

I did a couple of feathering trips out with a few peeps, I managed a couple and various gurnard were landed.

Great time was had by me and the kids.

What I did note, is that without the rope ladder on the stern side cleat, JoJo is a pain to climb back on to. I tried climbing on the OB and pulling myself up (there was a bit of a swell pushing on to the beach) but there is not a lot to hold on to - could do with a handle on top of the cowling!!!

I was a little concerned about getting my trailer out when arriving back at Mudeford. Luckily I had placed it close to the high water mark and only one small trailer had to be dragged to the side for retrieval. But with the water highat just after 5, there was no room to turn the car around on the beach. However, all was good, managed to complete retrieval with trailer hooked to the car which is always easier. Someone offers if I wanted a hand (as I had left nick at the beach and livvy was my only help). Nice offer but as per most of us trailer sailors, we have our own way and I have done this more times that I can remember. Anyway by the time this guy had unlocked his trailer we were driving up the slip to go find a quiet spot to tie down.

Super day / weather and some macs for lunch today, result. And to ensure all the buoyancy aids are clean, dry and ok to pack away for another year!!!