New member in Christchurch

Bassdaze

Hi. I a new member. I've been farting about inshore for a while and doing ok. Im mooredin christchurch and am out a couple of days a week atm. Was wondering if anyone facied teaming up for an outing. I've been getting into lots of tope and rays but it works be nice to have a bit of company out in the water! 

Hi welcome to the club.

3 hours ago, Rob said:

Welcome to the club, if you are a mid-week boater there are a few of you.

A smattering in XChurch and a few more in Poole.

Remember to use CHannel 6 and call "Any Poole Bay SMall BOats" when you are out and about.

Rob

Good advice as always from Rob. :)

Jim

Good morning BassDaze, my name is Mal and I run Y-KNOT out of Christchurch. We fish mainly to the Needles some times beyond and we are out quite frequently. We look further afeild on neap tides but as yet not done one this year. If you see a Marlin 695 give us a call up on channel six. Iam also on the committee and the safety officer for the club, if you need to get a VHF license and obtain an mmsi number and call sign I can help with that or if you want any anchor demos we can help with that to.

Are you familiar with Christchurch in the winter months when the channel markers are removed??

Thanks guys.  Good to know that there are a few over this way! 

I'll keep an eye out Mal. I could do with a radio course. Looked at one with the sailing club but never came to pass so I'm up for that. We had the boat out in winter for modifications but i hope to be out this year.