Sea Start

gonorn

So having yet again last weekend spent an hour towing another boat back to Salterns after finding him drifting past the chain ferry, I find my self wondering what would happen if it was me.

I know I have a brand new engine and they should be bullet proof but what if...

This is just my view but I don't see the RNLI as the AA of the sea like some of these weekend boaters seem too. With that I'm thinking of joining Sea Start, does anyone have any views or experience with them before I hand over my money, They also have a referral system in place for boat show tickets so If anyone is a member and wants the referral let me know (assuming I join)

Thanks

Mike

Mike
Sea start are well worth the money (even for piece of mind). I’ve had my own boat towed back from Chichester to southampton a few years ago, and a friend has had his boat towed to Bembridge, then the seastart guy ran us back to southampton in his rib at 30knots ! They are a good organisation. If you join though I hope you never need them!
Neil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So:

An existing member who wants boat show tickets can refer you so They & yourself get tickets.

Anyone want to refer little old Me so we can get our tickets too ?

If someone doesn't want the tickets I could always use the extra ones.

There will be tickets for the referral & myself.

" What the Hell " ! ! I've spent a fortune already this week. Another £144. :(

I'll have to leave off the beer for 2 nights :) 

Anyone want to refer me?

We'll exchange a PM.

So:

An existing member who wants boat show tickets can refer you so They & yourself get tickets.

Anyone want to refer little old Me so we can get our tickets too ?
If someone doesn't want the tickets I could always use the extra ones.
There will be tickets for the referral & myself.

" What the Hell " ! ! I've spent a fortune already this week. Another £144.
I'll have to leave off the beer for 2 nights  
Anyone want to refer me?
We'll exchange a PM.

I’ve sent you a PM mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been with sea start for a number of years and have had to use their service on 3 occasions.

You also get a free hour of labour with membership if you need a marine engineer to repair / replace something.

It gives peace of mind for £3 per week, not much when you consider the price of boating.

One of the benefits of being a member of PBSBAC is the opportunity to go out with other boats or to call other club members on CH6  if you need assistance when you are on your own.

Tony

Thanks all for your input I'm going to join like Tony said its £3.00 a week a no brainer from a  cost point of view.

I'm only a 5mt boat so 90% of my fishing is within 3 miles off shore, much further out and I would hope to be a with a buddy boat anyway, but its a good point to remember.

Funny enough every boat I have towed back in this year has been from inside the harbour entrance.

• 2 months later...