Junior Comp 2018 Rules, Regs and Booking In!

Rob

Junior Comp Rules 2018

Competition Dates are:

21st / 22nd July - fishing 1 day only - nominate day on booking-in

18th \ 19th August - fishing 1 day only - nominate day on booking-in

Sun 9th September - followed by presentation at Cobb's BBQ Area

There are 3 opportunities for a junior to fish this comp - the junior may fish up to 3 times - once in July, once in August and once in September. When there is an option to fish Saturday or Sunday - the day being fished must be stated at booking-in.

Fishing time:

09:00 - 15:00

Style of Competiton - 2 comps in 1:

- Specimen Competition - Under 16yrs - largest specimen award over up to 3 comps. Please record your juniors' best specimen by weight, photo required and to be submitted with form. Usual Club Specimen weights used.

- Species Hunt - split in to 2 age groups - under 11yrs & 11yrs+ to under 16yrs.

Score sheets need to be sent to open@pbsbac.co.uk within 48 hrs of each comp - these will be made available on the forum or emailed by request.

5 hooks at any one time over max of 2 rods (easier for juniors can use 1 rod to feather).

Area to fish:

All boats compeating will fish within Club Waters and within 5 miles of land (northern boundry of Club Waters). The captain of the boat deems what is suitable for crew and craft. Whether the competition goes ahead will be decision of Safety Officer\Comp Organiser by 19:00 the night before.

Safety:

The decision whether each competition goes ahead will be made by the PBSBAC Safety Officer \ Comp Organiser day before each competition. A post will be put on the forum the night before each competition to confirm the decision.

Species scoring:

Each Junior will be issued with a Species Hunt Score Sheet. Each species of fish caught will be awarded with the points stated on the sheet. Should a junior catch more than one of the same species then each additional fish will count as an additional one point. Its is important that the Parent/Skipper log all fish caught on each competition day. Please submit within 48hrs of the comp start - execpet on the final day, please bring form to Cobbs Quay by 17:00.

- Slight change this year with max of 20 for each species counting and only the first of a species taking the "species points", the rest score 1 point. Also, added an unlisted species - again 20 max of each and only 1 point each.

--  e.g. Bass + 5 points - so 2 bass = 6 points total, 20 bass = 24 points, 30 bass = 24 points

All Juniors must be accompanied by a responsible adult.

Note: If a competition day is cancelled it may not be re-scheduled.

Juniors must be registered at least the day before each competiton starts (execpt for the last date (Sept) when 2 weeks notice is required). Registering is via the Comp Organiser or on this forum thread below.

Juniors over 11 are expected to bait up, cast and retrieve fish on their own with minimal help.

In event of a tie on points, the younger competitor will finish in the better position.

Comp Organiser's decision is final.

The score sheet below:

Rob

JuniorCompScoreSheet2018.pdf

• Rob pinned this topic
  • 2 months later...

I will edit the score sheet and post it here.
Please copy and paste then add your entrants to the last booking in list below, with dates being fished thanks:

1: Olivia Francis 22/07 18/08 09/09
2: Charlotte Francis 22/07 18/08 09/09
3: Ruben Franklin 22/07 18/08 09/09
4:
5:
6:

1: Olivia Francis 21/07 18/08 09/09
2: Charlotte Francis 18/08 09/09
3: Ruben Franklin 21/07 18/08 09/09
4: Sam Annear 21/07 18/08 09/09
5: Dom Annear 21/07 18/08 09/09
6: Blake Witherford 21/07

No more joining in?

• 5 weeks later...

Dates moved for middle comp - now 25-26-27/08

1: Olivia Francis 21/07 27/08 09/09
2: Charlotte Francis 27/08 09/09
3: Ruben Franklin 21/07 27/08 09/09
4: Sam Annear 21/07 ?/08 09/09
5: Dom Annear 21/07 ?/08 09/09
6: Blake Witherford 21/07
7: Lucy (Devin?) 26/08

Please adjust your kids angling dates above!

R

• 2 weeks later...

All, I asked for 2 weeks notice for anyone planning to fish the junior comp this coming Sunday. Can you please advise by 22:00 tonight (extension as I am a week later than I thought, doh!)? As I am ordering trophies and need to know numbers.

R

19 minutes ago, great white said:

Sam is away this weekend so we cannot join in, but we may pop over to Cobbs in the afternoon to say Hi.

What time is the prize giving?

Comp to finish at 15:00 - boats should be back by 16:00.

So BBQ will be started then served 16:30\16:45 and I expect that presentation will be around 17:00\17:15.

If others are expected to be at the BBQ \ Presentaton please advise so we can get enough catering sorted?

Thanks,

Rob

40 minutes ago, i'm in! said:

Hi Rob 

is it to late to add my two 

Jacob and Taya 

only just seen post 

Bl00dy hell Kev, do you think i am organised\thoughtful enough to order 2 spare cups?!?!?! Of course i am!!! yes, happy for your 2 to join in.

I'll pop em on the list!

I am now all outta awards (trophies) so i think we shoudl call a halt to the entrants!

Right, off to buy prizes tomorrow!

Rob

• Rob unpinned this topic