Braided rope

Tarlach.

Hi Guys

I’m getting a Lewmar v700 windlass fitted soon so, as the Parker anchor locker is not huge I thought I’d upgrade my anchor rope to 8 plait braid. Any one got a cheapish supplier of this strand of rope that they have used before ??

Thanks

Neil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Found this one for you  https://westwardropeandwire.co.uk/ropes/mooring-and-anchoring/8-strand-nylon.html?

They are based in Exeter .Havent used them before but prices and stock levels look good dont know postage costs though?

I got my kast 100m from a guy in Bridport but for the life of me can't remember his details

Peteg

Found this one for you  https://westwardropeandwire.co.uk/ropes/mooring-and-anchoring/8-strand-nylon.html?
They are based in Exeter .Havent used them before but prices and stock levels look good dont know postage costs though?

I got my kast 100m from a guy in Bridport but for the life of me can't remember his details

Peteg

Thanks Pete I’ll take a look

3 hours ago, Steve S said:

I've used the rope on 3 different windlass, on 2 it was no problem at all, on one, an old Lewmar it often jammed (known for jamming rope).

Currently I use it on a Lewmar CPX 1000w and it has never jammed.

How is the rope condition after being used in the windlass, ive been told by another that the windlass' chew the 8 plait because it is so soft ? any truth in this?

Well not my current windlass, not the first I had, I've been using this warp for more than 6 years now it's fine, seems like it will do for many years yet.

Ok thanks Steve, that’s very reassuring . I would hate to go buy £250 worth of rope only for it to be eaten !