Madness is out

Maverick Martin

Yep she is out of the water for the annual spit and polish.  I will also replace the now broken tablet which is used as a repeater plus other minor bits and pieces.  I am weirdly looking forward to freezing my nuts of cleaning and polishing.

What are you hoping to do to your loved one when she comes due her annual scrub and polish.

We'll be ashore in a couple of weeks. I have last year's new Bowthruster instalation to check out, blades to remove and antifoul, anodes to check, etc.

We also fitted a galvanic isolator last year, which should have stopped any electrical "leakage" and stopped eating my anodes so fast. Results will be interesting.

When we bought the boat (gosh, nearly 2 years ago), the top-loading cool box had cooling plates that didn't work. Following a recent survey, I know I have a blockage and all of this needs to be ripped out, and replaced, else it will remain an inert cool box. I'm looking at a complete Isotherm system that's keel-cooled, as a long-term best fix.

Have one more project ashore, more details to follow, when I have more clarity.

Otherwise, scrubbing bottoms, polishing, greasing my sea cocks (ooeerr Rob) and fixing a few gel coat "dings" the previous owner left me.

I have a new VHF to install with antenna. And I need a bit of warm weather to repair a nasty scratch on the gel coat when putting it on the trailer in the summer, the yard was putting the trailer to far into the water and the boat floated right over the rear rollers that centralise it :(

Also I'm trying to get it to the dealer to have a new engine fitted but I cant get away from the office atm due to staff shortages.