Alderney 2018

Steve S

12 hours ago, fisherman1055 said:

When Serenity MF 695 has done this trip , she has 130 Litre tank and I take 3x 20 Litre containers. Poole entrances to Bray harbour is 59.8 nautical.  The most she has used one way is 160 litres wreckhopping when fully laden with 3 guys and all their kit, trip took 5 hours. It is good to take some guys to share costs and of course be good company. Tony

And help in case of some emergency, anyone can pick up a rope around the prop or other impediment. ;):confounded:

Depending on dates, I would like to put myself up for crew/ballast duties !?! A short Friday to Sunday ??

I’ve decided it’s all a bit too much for me to take my own boat !

I also understand that regulars will take first dibs , so no hard feelings if I’m overlooked ☹️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 15/01/2018 at 1:54 PM, Rob said:

I think it is c.70miles to Alderney, will you only get 60 miles from your 140 litres? (Mind you, you would want 100/110 miles of range incase of bad weather etc).

The FreeBoys guys used to have this sorted on their boats, perhaps Matt will be along to advise.

Rob

Hi

Yes we did the trip twice on freeboys, (I think the smallest club boat to do the trip) neither time required more than one fuel to up from mainbrace. We did take a lot of fuel across in cans on the first trip but second we got.it from inner harbor on Alderney with no problems.

I'd be happy to discuss with anyone if you pm me!

I'd also really like to go this year so if you have a space let me know 

Neil

I would advise going with at least 1 other person to Alderney on your boat, it will halve the cost to start with and you don't want to be on your own in unknown waters even if other members are nearby on boats, things can happen (eg rope round a prop) and you really need someone else on board. I love it but area round Alderney is not what I would call friendly waters, it can cut up rough, and there are rocks all around the Islands.

If I were you I would fill up at Yarmouth before setting off to cut down on the distance, run your boat at the most economic speed that makes good headway and head straight for Braye to fill up. I would take extra fuel in 20l tanks but not plan to use it, fuel is cheaper there (no VAT).

1. Tigerfish - Steve + Terry + Graham

2. Reel Magic - Dave +

3. Joint Venture - Adam + Ian + Alun + Rob (i have taken the liberty to add the usual A-Team)

4. Madness - Martin - Dean - Tony
5. Sweet Chariot - Oli + Nick +

6. Kingfisher - Chris  (looking at 5th - 8th May due to commitments)

1. Tigerfish - Steve + Terry + Graham

2. Reel Magic - Dave +

3. Joint Venture - Adam + Ian + Alun + Rob (i have taken the liberty to add the usual A-Team)

7. Alfresco - Charlie. I will check if the boys want to come if not will be looking for crew.

looks like most of the usual boats are keen to go again.

1. Tigerfish - Steve + Terry + Graham - (planning on Thurs 10th May to Sun 13th May. Depending on weather could shorten to a 3 days if needed or bring forward a little)

2. Reel Magic - Dave +

7. Alfresco - Charlie. I will check if the boys want to come if not will be looking for crew.

On 24/01/2018 at 3:32 PM, Steve S said:

1. Tigerfish - Steve + Terry + Graham - (planning on Thurs 10th May to Sun 13th May. Depending on weather could shorten to a 3 days if needed or bring forward a little)

2. Reel Magic - Dave +

6. Kingfisher - Chris + Mal  (looking at 5th - 8th May due to commitments)

1. Tigerfish - Steve + Terry + Graham - (planning on Thurs 10th May to Sun 13th May. Depending on weather could shorten to a 3 days if needed or bring forward a little)

2. Reel Magic - Dave + Craig 

• 2 weeks later...

1. Tigerfish - Steve + Terry + Graham - (planning on Thurs 10th May to Sun 13th May. Depending on weather could shorten to a 3 days if needed or bring forward a little)

2. Reel Magic - Dave + Craig + Paul

4. Madness - Martin - Dean - Tony 5th May - 8th 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys, I’m loosing my Alderney cherry this year hopefully and am after some pointers and tips from you seasoned explorers !!
I need a bit of guidance on ....
A. Accommodation
B. Tackle and bait requirements
And
C. Charlie LoL

Regards
Neil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk