Can you belive This

Raymond Ellerton

I had Golden Arrow do some work on my outboard as i could not start it they cleand the carb and told me it was running fine . When i tried it i still could not get it to Idel. So they took it back to the work shop. They called me and told me i needed a small part for the fuel intake coossting 25 quid so i said ok fit it . 4 weeks later its back on my Boat working great . Then i get the invoice foor 469 quid .What would you do NOW

I had Golden Arrow do some work on my outboard as i could not start it they cleand the carb and told me it was running fine . When i tried it i still could not get it to Idel. So they took it back to the work shop. They called me and told me i needed a small part for the fuel intake coossting 25 quid so i said ok fit it . 4 weeks later its back on my Boat working great . Then i get the invoice foor 469 quid .What would you do NOW

Personally, if they have only cleaned the carb and fitted a £25 part, I wouldn’t pay it. Go back in there and argue the toss !

Especially as the first time they gave it back to you they said it was running fine and then “all of a sudden” it needs a part !!!

Sounds fishy to me ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have found Golden arrow to be good in the past. Although they did keep phoning me at one stage asking me to pay VAT which I already had done.

I know they're not cheap but it sounds more like a typing error to me.

Speak to them in person. Speak to the engineer who worked on it and check if the invoice relates to the time spent.

If it does then you can argue the amount on the grounds of they should have communicated an expected cost to you.

Jim

I have found Golden arrow to be good in the past. Although they did keep phoning me at one stage asking me to pay VAT which I already had done.

I know they're not cheap but it sounds more like a typing error to me.

Speak to them in person. Speak to the engineer who worked on it and check if the invoice relates to the time spent.

If it does then you can argue the amount on the grounds of they should have communicated an expected cost to you.

Jim

Yes listen to Jim’s advice, a lot more diplomatic than mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk