Another new member

MelJones

Hi everyone

We've had a few years off serious fishing due to having four children in four years (it's ok, we've worked out what causes it now) but have just bought an Orkney Pilothouse 20 and will be moving it to Cobb's Quay this weekend, all being well. 

We went for the Orkney because we've previously owned a 520 which we loved but which was a bit small - loved the build quality though and the sea-keeping.  I went down to Cornwall to buy her where she had spent the last two years undercover and unused.  However, that owner had bought her in 2014 from someone in Lyndhurst and before that she was owned by someone from Swanage, so she might be known to club members.  Her current name is Sirona, but I've noticed that the bows also have "My Luvver" and something "Brook" where old stickers had been removed.   

Looking forwards to fishing in the Poole area and getting to know the place better.  We launched our old 520  from Poole quite a few times, although I won't miss wading out to launch at Baiter!  We also fished with her in the Solent, Eastern Approaches, Weymouth area and the Channel Islands.  

All the best

Mel.

Thanks guys for the welcome.

I have a fair amount of boating experience and quite a few qualifications.  Done a lot of yachting and confess to currently owning a 12m racing yacht which I keep on the Hamble.   Please don't hold it against me ; )    

However, my eldest was doing a club sailing week thing this week and I offered to take our rib along, but couldn't because I don't have Level 2 despite having been driving motor boats (up to 60ft) since I was in my teens!  Health and Safety.  Never needed it before now, but might have to do it (or perhaps Advanced) at some point.

Aiming to be out quite a bit this coming week, so say hello if you see us.  We will probably have a complement of small children generally getting in the way (they all love boats) so we shouldn't be hard to miss.  

Welcome to the club Mel.

There are quite a few of us at Cobbs so will probably bump into you in the clubhouse

What pontoon are you on, as you can see from other threads on this site that there are several people on F Pontoon, but there are also quite a few of us on B.

You will notice it is much more civilised than trying to launch at Baiter.

Tony

Welcome to the club Mel.

There are quite a few of us at Cobbs so will probably bump into you in the clubhouse

What pontoon are you on, as you can see from other threads on this site that there are several people on F Pontoon, but there are also quite a few of us on B.

You will notice it is much more civilised than trying to launch at Baiter.

Tony

Its also a lot more money. :)  :)  :)

Thanks guys.  Had a couple of good days out already now - launched extremely promptly (thanks Dave!) and out in time to catch a few fish (couple of decent plaice, gurnard and lots of bits so far) but keeping the kids happy!

We're going to be in the dry stack (although temporarily on C this week because we're in and out).