New Member.

Seadog

Hi All,

My name is Ed and I joined the fishing club yesterday at the meeting, which I thought was a really good night; I received plenty of advice for fishinging in the Christchurch area and on Boat Safety from Mel and received a friendly and warm welcome from other members.

My only regret is that I did not join sooner.

I have just upgraded my boat to a Quicksilver 530 so I looking forward to getting out on the water.

I'm moored down on Broadwaters mooring Christchurch , going out this Sunday to check new engine is ok and a bit of a shakedown , not sure if I'm going out to sea due to wind picking up PM etc etc

Are you on mooring ?

Hi Hooky,

I have a mooring down at Christchurch Trot but I have found it is a bit windy down there with other boats bumping into your, where is your mooring, I was looking to move up stream.

Hi Hooky,

I have a mooring down at Christchurch Trot but I have found it is a bit windy down there with other boats bumping into your, where is your mooring, I was looking to move up stream.

Got a bankside mooring (opposite the main slipway ) boats will still bang into each other, I'm not too concerned , my old Shetland is related to a Tank !

It's a bit of a pain reversing out to the channel , if the water is low I just use the auxiliary .

Yep, getting over the bar out to sea can be challenging but as long as you stick to a hour each way over high it's ok ..

I don't get out too much , late evenings or first light are the norm , over nighters seem a far better option from the ledge area .

Come on over for coffee or whatever

Thanks Hooky for the advice, one hour each way of High tide, the draft of my boat is about 12 inches and my new mooring could be near the Wick slipway, is the one hour rule ok  getting down from Wick to the RUN.

Thanks Hooky for the advice, one hour each way of High tide, the draft of my boat is about 12 inches and my new mooring could be near the Wick slipway, is the one hour rule ok getting down from Wick to the RUN.

Be careful as high pressure can take a foot+ off the top of the tide. And of course and hour before a spring tide low is very different to a hour before a neap low (and the pressure). But you will soon learn with the old, dink prop method!

Welcome.

Watch out for the beerpans too!

R