gonorn

Hi All

A friend of mine Graham put me onto you guys and said its the place to be!

I have just returned to the wolrd of sea angling and boating, and I am keen to get back on the seen and meet people out on the water or just in the pub for a yarn!

Real name is Mike I live in Hamworthy and have a Boston whaler outrage 2 to fish from its kept down on the stand at Rockley, and I've spent the last few months getting her ready to return to service after a few years of lay up. I say I have been but my wife has spent many hours down there cleaning up after me so its a joint effort, she has also joined as she loves to fish and be on the water.

We have taken only 1 trip out of the harbour so far to fish down at Bournemouth Pier for a few plaice (landed 3 kept one for the table) plus a few Gurnard.

I spent my younger days working the commercial boats in Poole crewing for my father on a charter boat so I'm fairly experienced on then water Just need to get the confidence back up, a bit smaller boat that when I'm used too.

I have yet to retake my Marine radio licence as its all changed, so that is my next task over the next few weeks to keep every thing above board and more importantly safe.

I have sent my payment and application form in btw.

Be safe all

Mike

Hi Mike

Welcome to the club. Thanks for the membership form and payment.

Regarding your radio licence, have a word with Mal Thomas, our Safety Officer, you'll get a special rate.

I'll probably see you at Rockley, that's where I keep MegaByte.

Hi Mike

Welcome to the club

Hope to see you at the next meeting on the first Thursday in August at Parkstone Trades and Labour club from 19:30

I used to keep my boat at Rockley but I am now at Cobbs along with a few members

I have an mf695 Serenity and will keep my eyes open for you on the water

Tony

Hi Mike

I also live in Hamworthy (Lulworth Ave) and until 2 years ago kept my previous boat and Rockley, is Barney still a yard hand up there?

Any questions you have re the club ask here, sounds like you have most other areas of boating and fishing fairly well covered but if not this is the place to ask, full of well intentioned knowledgeable peeps.

Thanks All

I will be at the meeting which I think works out as the 3rd Aug so ill see you all in a couple of weeks the boss will be there as well I suspect if we don't bump into each other in the bay before.

And yes Barney is still the yard hand down there with Steve they look after me down there.

No I was not we missed our invite! We actually went down to do some work on the boat that evening but noticed the BBQ was on so went and drunk our coffee around the corner.

It was not that warm iirc and a little windy.

Lol yea Barney is well....Barney, however the man with the fork lift has the power :)

And to be fair I been hogging the cradle by the slip way a lot the last few weeks so I cant grumble.