Howdy

Guest Poole Yaker

Guest Poole Yaker

Hi, thought it was about time for a quick intro as I joined earlier in the month, but not had a lot of free time as I've just moved down from Cambridge.

I get my fishing kicks out on a kayak and what I lack in skill I try and make up with enthusiasm!

The last four years I've spent many weekends fishing around Weymouth and Portland, mostly with lures and had a few reasonable marks but now I'm in Poole and this bloody big harbour I need to start over again. I had a crack at the Plaice chase and really enjoyed it and that pushed me to join the club. I'm looking forward to meeting up with a few more like minded souls at next months club meet.

In the meantime I've booked myself Friday off (One of the few perks of being self employed) so if anyone's out on Friday and happens to see a tall bloke in a short orange and black sit on kayak paddling furiously around the harbour feel free to give me a shout.

Looking forward to picking up a few tips and hopefully adding a few new species to my list over the next few months, especially the as yet elusive bream......

Cheers Tim

Thanks chaps. It was Lofty that persuaded me to join!

I couldn't make the last meeting as I was away back in Cambs but I'll definitely make the next one.

I've also done a lot of charter fishing out of Bradwell in Essex over the years so if any ones ever looking for someone to share fuel costs on a trip out I'm pretty well practised at keeping my breakfast down and making a brew!

Hi Tim

Welcome to Poole. First Thursday of the month, rec

Having car troubles but hoping to be out Friday if it's sorted by then.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Have you got Nigel in his superman pants helping out?

:wacko:

Hi Tim welcome to the club, Iam the safety officer and will be happy to help where I can, as a yakker there are places and tide races to avoid at the wrong times, which Iam sure you will know about, lofty will help there as well.

I trust you are fully kitted out like lofty with all the aids and drysuit ect, cant be to careful on a yak, we operate on channel 6 and you probably saw myself and Chris on Kingfisher at the plaice chase. Welcome and feel free to ask away.

Hi Tim welcome to the club, Iam the safety officer and will be happy to help where I can, as a yakker there are places and tide races to avoid at the wrong times, which Iam sure you will know about, lofty will help there as well.

I trust you are fully kitted out like lofty with all the aids and drysuit ect, cant be to careful on a yak, we operate on channel 6 and you probably saw myself and Chris on Kingfisher at the plaice chase. Welcome and feel free to ask away.

Thanks Mal, I've already discovered a few places to avoid (the railway bridge at Rockley Park for one!) I have drysuit etc and also a VHF radio though I haven't done the course yet. If you could point me in the right direction for that I'd appreciate it? 

Mal is away for a few days but he will help on his return or you could phone our preferred trainers "Power Boat training UK" based at Cobbs Quay.  Ask about PBSBAC discounts and get your name on the vhf course as a standby to fill any unfilled spaces.  That's how you will get the best possible price.  Don't forget the club will also contribute a percentage up to £20 per year (I can't remember the percentages) 

Look at the historic threads in our training forum http://www.pbsbac.co.uk/ipb/forum/168-club-training/

Mal is away for a few days but he will help on his return or you could phone our preferred trainers "Power Boat training UK" based at Cobbs Quay.  Ask about PBSBAC discounts and get your name on the vhf course as a standby to fill any unfilled spaces.  That's how you will get the best possible price.  Don't forget the club will also contribute a percentage up to £20 per year (I can't remember the percentages) 

Look at the historic threads in our training forum http://www.pbsbac.co.uk/ipb/forum/168-club-training/

Thats great thanks, I'll get straight on it when I get back Wednesday.