Reel help

plaicemat

Right chaps, I need some help with reel maintenance. I know we have a reel meister in the club for servicing etc but, as I live in Oxfordshire, it is not really a practical option although I have used him in the past and a very good service he provided. So, I'm going to have a go at servicing my reels and, being an engineer, feel I should be able to make a decent fist of it. The only trouble is, I'm having trouble sourcing a decent grease like Penn Precision in the UK. Plenty of offers from the USA, Poland, et al but the postage kills it. I can get little tiny tubes but what I want is a tub as I have quite a few reels to do. Anybody got a source?

Thanks for the input, I have tried ebay but they are either abroad and want about £14 postage for a £5 tub of grease or they only have small tubes. As I will be going to the States again before too long, I think I'll leave it until then and make do with your suggestion until then. I'm sure it makes no difference but I will feel better using the recommended stuff.

• 3 weeks later...