Out the water

Maverick Martin

Well today saw Madness come out of the drink for approximately 6 weeks

I made sure I was at Cobbs to witness her coming out and take a look at any fouling.  I was pleasantly surprised to find that the hull was clear of weed growth and barnacles with just a thin layer of slime.  The iron work had a few tiny barnacles but nothing much.  So this coming year I will be using SeaJet 033 Shogun antifoul paint again.

The rear anodes were well worn  although they still had some meat left on them.  The propshaft anodes were all but gone in fact one had totally gone with the remaining one barely visible.

Last year I had rope cutters fitted.  These were fairly expensive to buy but after picking up my own anchor rope just before 2015 Christmas I thought they would be a good investment.  The only minor problem I found after fitting them was a reduction in top speed by about a knot or so.  Well having used them for about 10 months without incident I was thinking I may remove them, efficiency and all that however, when the boat came out there was the remnants of a rope on the port prop.  I have not felt anything happen during the year and have no idea when we picked up the rope but one thing is for sure I am now glad I had the cutters fitted.  Needless to say I shall be keeping the cutter on for the foreseeable future  :)

20170125_121122.jpg

20170125_121131.jpg

20170125_121204.jpg

Edited by Maverick
Mal acting as grammar police :-)