Anodes

sparky

I would advise you to check your anodes ( if you can see them ) !!!!

Moved Marichelle to another berth on F pontoon Sunday as it is getting too shallow where she was, as  there are no plans to dredge that part of "F Pontoon" in the near future.

Replaced anodes in April of this year, noticed in August that prop anode nearly gone when I was scrubbing her bum in shallow water, rechecked sunday only to find the 1kg disc anode was 90% eroded away !!

This has never happened in the 10 years I have been on that berth, I have heard through the grapevine that there have been quite a few occasions of this occuring in the marina this year, and an expert has been called in but nothing conclusive has been found..........but there is obviously a problem somewhere ??

Just a bit of advice really, hope it helps .

I had the same thing happen to me Mick.

My boat came out last week for it's pre winter scrub and anode change. My anodes were replaced last March.

I have three anodes. Prop, shaft and transom. Only part of the transom anode was left.

I will have to consider replacing my anodes sooner. Luckily no damage was done.

Poole Harbour has traditionally been bad for Anodes. I do not think it's solely a Cobbs problem. I have been there for 20+ years and it has not changed over that time.

Hope this helps Mick

Greg

When I was on F pontoon  I used to have to change my anodes twice a year (2 per trim tab) but I used to keep the outboard raised  so that anode would last a couple of seasons.

On the drystack now so can go much longer between replacements  ..........especially if I dont get her wet ;)

Mine last for YEARS !  :(

Jim

If the anodes are getting a hammering try using a big ball anode lowered over the side on an earthed wire, it's taken in when using the boat. That should reduce the erosion on the others and save a bit of time and money.

Ahhh BIG BALLS eh ?

;)