Farewell to Poole Lifeboat

Coddy

Looking at the last picture I see that John C was coxing " his" boat on its "last" journey,   I bet that hurt,!!!  it made me gulp a bit.   Derek.  :(  :(

Yes I wondered why as I was the only other boat in the sea he decided to pass me 20 foot from my port beam, and I had to keep steering away from him.

Tony

That is J,C all over,  when i say the last time i saw him was diving together at Coverack that was a long way back i was already there staying with another old RNLI friend Ben Roskilly the cox of the coverack  boat  an ARUN class all weather craft, now that is another story.    going to sea in that off the Lizard in shit weather was like nothing else on earth !!!   Derek  :huh:  :o

There might be a direct impact on the club here.

Some members consider the RNLI a "get me home" service like the RAC or AA, but should remember it's there "to save lives at sea".

"Home" for the Swanage and Yarmouth lifeboats isn't in Poole.

Could I suggest members consider more "buddy boat" arrangements until the new regime settles down, particularly over the quieter winter months, and take efforts to check and uplift safety kit and arrangements.

Mike

For get you home service join Sea Start about £135 a year

They will tow you home up to 2 miles out

And will send an engineer free for the first hour to diagnose / fix your problem

I have been a member for some years and have called them out in Weymouth and Alderney

Tony