Fun Wednesday

plaicemat

A delightful day on the briny with No.1 son yesterday. Alun kinda persuaded me not to go over to the island in search of elusive cod with tales of bass and plaice to be had nearer to base. He had kindly sourced the worms for me so, orft we jolly well go. As we had no live baits (Alun had some in his pots), we had a go with lures but this proved fruitless so, lets go and catch a load of plaice. This also proved difficult with only a couple caught with a few other species making appearances, nothing sizable though. Alun departed to get his bass (I should have suggested he could have ours as well) and we had a change of tactics and things improved with some nice takers making the long road trip to Oxfordshire. The weather was..........o/k and at times a little lumpier than expected but nothing to upset a Warrior.

As rare treat to spend a day with Guy now that he lives in Sweden so, all good. Next time it will be the cod!