How do from not so sunny Wilts

Astevens4

Well I'm a happy chappy - preferred pontoon berth has been OK'd, and apparently because of where it is i get a 20% discount they forgot to tell me about, which knocked £500 off my annual fee, plus of course the refer a friend for next years.

Now i just need to work out how to spend all these savings - i reckon a round in the clubhouse may be first call on it!

I'm provisionally booked in for Weds next week, and me and a fishing buddy should be down most of the day - got lots of extra's to install as no time between now and then to install it all, so if anyone fancies popping down to F 164,i'll be glad to press the flesh and say hello. If we get done in time i'll pop into the clubhouse and see if anyone's about as well.

Ta

Tony

Well I'm a happy chappy - preferred pontoon berth has been OK'd, and apparently because of where it is i get a 20% discount they forgot to tell me about, which knocked £500 off my annual fee, plus of course the refer a friend for next years.

Now i just need to work out how to spend all these savings - i reckon a round in the clubhouse may be first call on it!

I'm provisionally booked in for Weds next week, and me and a fishing buddy should be down most of the day - got lots of extra's to install as no time between now and then to install it all, so if anyone fancies popping down to F 164,i'll be glad to press the flesh and say hello. If we get done in time i'll pop into the clubhouse and see if anyone's about as well.

Ta

Tony

That's all good news, we look forward to meeting you

This is quite a thread, welcome to the club, you seemed to have taken the advice from all the club members and got yourself a deal.

My position in the club is safety officer, we are all about safety at sea without getting to heavy, if you need a VHF license for your radio or feel any other training would be a benefit, dont hesitate to ask. We have an agreement with our trainers who happen to be in Cobbs quay so not far for you to go.

Feel free to drop me a line if I can help in any way.

Mal Thomas

If you find the berthing option more expensive than you thought, I travel down regularly from Oxfordshire with my Warrior, takes me about 2 hours. I usually launch from Christchurch or Mudeford but Poole is an option although the launching is not as user friendly from the public slip, Baiter.

Is this you Terry? On the A34 last week apparently:

Check the video:

https://www.facebook.com/charlie.farrow/posts/10209719203552629

9377b0d648b9eff0781c4e757eebefd9.jpg

Had to push it back a day so moved her in about 6 this evening, to the sound of bagpipes over water! Got to book a couple of days to fit her out and clean her up a wee bit before i venture out in her. Already feeling the urge to buy something bigger and better!

Just reread your statement above, you may not have saved as much as you think, we have 240 members  :lol:

Wow have just got back from holiday and now we are having a party at Cobbs

Welcome to the club Tony, you won't find as big a group of wags anywhere

They can all talk the hind end off a donkey over a few pints just name the date

Next club meeting on Thursday 6th October

Come and join us and you will get the opportunity to meet the guys and gals

We have a talk from the local a Maritime Volunteer Society on their r ole in POOLE Harbour

Tony

Wow have just got back from holiday and now we are having a party at Cobbs

Welcome to the club Tony, you won't find as big a group of wags anywhere

They can all talk the hind end off a donkey over a few pints just name the date

Next club meeting on Thursday 6th October

Come and join us and you will get the opportunity to meet the guys and gals

We have a talk from the local a Maritime Volunteer Society on their r ole in POOLE Harbour

Tony

Right, so a pint of tap waters all round then ;)  240 - cor blimey, my poor credit card spontaneously combusted just at the thought!

I definately can't make the next one (it's the missus's birthday, and i rather like having my nethers attached, rather than in a jar!), but i'll be at the one after come hell or high water!

Getting itchy feet, as not been out over a month, and neither I nor the boat are ready for a trip yet (i still want to do my YBA PB2 first, and the boat needs to be fitted out for little things, like rod holders, fish finder, and possibly a door to the cuddy mught help!) - i've been fortunate to book a charter next thursday out into the solent - skipper is taking me and a mate as the only passengers - £60 a head for a whole day and a boat all to ourselves - sounds like luxury to me!

Tony