JV stomach pump

Adam F

One of the few jobs I didn't tackle when I built JV was the fuel tank.

She has a 400l stainless steel unit but the only access points are the various pick up and inlet points.

Over the past 12 months the filters have been working harder and harder and even with twin Separ units we were emptying a bowl full of bug every 100 miles or so.

It wasn't a job I fancied doing. With no access to pumping and filtration kit, no where to store 400l of fuel and not wanting to just dump that amount of fuel it was time to call in a man.

I used Carl from CP fuel polishing who was a recommendation to me. Based in Poole, Carl makes it his business doing jobs just like this.

He came down, pumped out and polished the fuel into 200l drums. Filled the tank with diesel cleaning detergent, cut a large access hatch which he took away to be fabricated into a permanent access point. Steam cleaned the inside of the tank and then dried it, fitted the new hatch and then polished the fuel back in again.

The boy was left cleaner than I left it and the job very professional. I'd recommend him to the club should you need such a service. JVs fuel is now cherry red and crystal clear again.

c4023813d496c0de27cc6b1ad5fc32b5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk