Wednesday evening

fisherman1055

Purbeck marine tell me they have connected the tube from the waste gate velve to the turbo

This means it should work better

I want to go out tomorrow evening to test it and to play and drown some worms

Does any one want to come, I will bring worms

Call 07733101037

Tony

Blimey Tony, more patience than a saint!

Is it a different fault every time you get it back, or do they break something else each time they touch it?

Agree with Steve, time to find someone who knows what they are doing!

Tony what is the problem with the engine

mark

Replaced turbo but still only 2200 revs and 12 knots

Used to do 1750 @19 knots

pulls well up to 2200 but no more power 

Fuel system filters replaced when problem first started

Must be fuel if air problem it would suck more fuel through and black smoke would show.

Possible fuel pump problem, need to check without replacing ( more cost ******^%$££%&*)

\it is a good job it is only £300 a month to berth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tony

Some years ago I had a no power problem with a mercruiser 120hp diesel. One outfit told me to replace the turbo as it was not cutting in....

Problem was fixed by increasing the feed pressure from the exhaust to the turbo so it cut in earlier. So fixed with no parts changed just engineering time and a couple of sea trials.

Sounds like a Heath Robinson fuel tank \ pickup & return to a clean fuel can in needed to ensure it isn't the fuel delivery to the pump.

Or as per Steve's note above - wategate actuator messing about with. Have you have a boost pressure guage attached to her to see what you are getting? (only useful if you know what it should be)

Have you consulted Chapman Boat Breakdown Consultancy Services? Charlie is my usual port of call when boaty things aren't working \ broken for an experienced point of view!

R

I think that you (or an engineer) need to start eliminating the simple things.

Fuel starvation

Tests like Rob described would certainly eliminate pipe or tank issues, adding an outboard tank bulb can see if it an LP fuel issue.

Great whites lift pump had a tiny gauze filter, even partially blocked this would cause a loss of power

Loss of turbo air pressure etc

Navy diesel RIBs had a flexible pipe to the turbo air supply, just tightening the jubilee clips could return some power.

Before going further down the route of expensive fuel pump and turbo repairs

• 1 month later...