Breaming? Dreaming.

lofty

Watched a window and shuffled a job to get a launch to look for early black bream in Swanage Bay. Hooked up with non locals Mark, Rich, and Martin.

Didn't get any bait the night before so wasn't on the water until gone 10 am with rag and sandeel

FBC59A15-1533-4332-8524-A1AEA88A149C.jpg

Headed out to a famous navionics bream mark, but I wasn't getting a nibble, so headed out to where Mark was catching plenty of Rays on the sand.

0401F709-7A0C-49DE-98BA-D11E95155F7E.jpg

Started to catch the usual pests so changed over to big baits for Ray fishing

First up and thought I was into a small eye as the rod had a good bend in it. I was surprised to see a good sized spotted Ray,bigger than I've had before, so I got the scales out and it went between 4lb 6 to 4lb 8 so calling it 4lb 7

C8FDCB51-9A3B-4A96-AAD0-08F115451995.jpg

I watched Mark catch a bream, so decided to head to Ballard to try for one. Was joined by Rich who proceeded to catch one right in front of me.

I then made a rookie mistake. My anchor was stuck and I want to free it. Unfortunately it came out and I wasn't prepared and I drifted quickly into Rich who was 60 feet down tide , where my anchor line snagged both his lines and snapped him off.

Sorry chum.

Nothing doing for me on the bream so drifted back over the bay and dropped the pick for some Ray fishing

First up a small thorny of a couple of pounds

BF3E7395-ECB1-496D-BB7A-92EADC7388A3.jpg

Plenty of dogs, a wrasse I didn't photograph so I won't count it in my species hunt, and towards the end of the day a good pull down and a small eyed Ray around 7ish

B35766EE-520F-4414-AE7D-FB87B8FBF30B.jpg

Back on the beach we said our farewells and I was happy to only have a 30 minute drive rather than the 2-3 hours my chumrades had

Cheers

B0F329B0-FD65-4088-ABDE-1DCF32431F27.jpg