Rock n rolla

lofty

Saw a little window and had a diary gap, so headed for Southbourne launch as I'm fed up with being confined to the harbour, armed with a box of squid and some frozen blacks.

It was a stunning morning with a bit of a shore dump. Launching and landing at Southbourne is all about timing, and my watch must be slow.

6596EB97-7880-4B23-97F1-3BD98F37E711.jpg

30D920E2-D282-4495-B557-6B969F76FE54.jpg

The sea was flat but had the occasional gnarly wave thrown in. I dragged into the surf zone, holding the front handle,and waited, but unfortunately a big breaker came in and twisted the yak on its side and all my gear went everywhere in the surf.

Recovered and paddled out to a mark.

Both reels where really gritty and it took most of my drinking water to free them up.

One big bait

One small bait.

Big rig caught me Dogs, small rig caught pout, big pout,very big pout, etc

Whiting also made an appearance

Saw Alun and said our good mornings, and he reckoned I might get a plaice.

So I put a plaice rig on

92413009-D3EE-4931-83AE-5A6F02185867.jpg

F0243298-3604-4856-BC88-FDC0028AA170.jpg

A few whitecaps started to show and that's my cue to head in. The Kaskazi Dorado 2 absolutely loves this type of sea. I swear it paddles better in a choppy sea.

Headed for my launch ,and , once again, completely screwed up the wave timings.

Suddenly the yak is ploughing in at 45 degrees with the nose right down and me on the top of a wave , and then it hit the front of the dump and rolled me on my side. Lost my anchor and chain, but not the reel as it was stowed along with everything I could stash.

So a good session despite my tomfoolery, and nice to see the spottys before the Plaice Chase in April

4B51F3B8-76F2-4747-B367-8C6F46B3AF50.png

Wicked report mate

Certainly warts and all with your reports

I was home alone last night and caught the last episode of Pacific Warriors, I can see why you are not that impressed.

Safety gear very limited, swap from a fish hooked on a fixed spool to landed on a multiplier etc etc