Alderney 2016

Adam F

Will make final decision tomorrow too but at the moment I'm only really seeing it decent on Sunday afternoon, but still with a fair bit of leftover swell but a decent looking sea for the run back on Monday. At least it looks sunny but we probably would wait for a better weekend if it stays like this.

You boys must be looking at another forecast? Guru and Finder not looking at all nice for Fri?

post-5-14629879711133_thumb.jpg

I will speak to my crew tonight with a view to making a call in the morning, but I would be wanting better weather than I'm seeing to commit.

Haha Adam I agree not good but improved on this morning first thing

(Clutching at straws and still not good 'enough' but here's hoping!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure what windguru is seeing for the weekend, but the Met. Office, BBC and Wetterzentrale (the sites I've learned to trust), all indicate spaced isobars, and only lightish winds. Not flat calm, but I'd be concerned at visibility, and the stronger races ouside of slack water, but there's other sites out there as well as windguru.

If you compare the isobar spacing now, with the channel islands inshore forecast, they line up and agree. If the isobar spacing is broadly similar at the weekend, the local forecasts should be similar....

Good luck whatever you decide.

Mike

As it stands it's only Friday standing out as the windy day.

Bloody work! It's been calm all week, and looks calm all next week, all apart from Fri.

I'll take a look in the morning and make a call.

Hate it when it's borderline like this.