Alderney 2016

Adam F

9 days late, as most of you know this is traditionally the New Years day posting!

The last few years the trips have dwindled a little as most of us that go know what we are doing and tend to go in smaller groups now. The logistics is easier with only a couple of boats, but it's good fun with a group and gives those who haven't been before a chance of safety in numbers.

Personally I'll be looking to go around early May time and then again in Aug for Alderney week as it was such great fun last time!

So there you go - a trip to brighten the mood amidst all this wind and rain.... dreaming of blue skies, flat seas and big fat flatties!11056083_10153152050313918_2625003149440

I'm planning to take Tigerfish over at least once this year. Targeting most probably early May for the first weather window. As ever small tides are prefered.

I really enjoy the different sort of fishing there if we can make a trip during Alderney week that adds another dimension, this year I want to be holding a torch .

Taking 2 or 3 crew, no names confirmed yet.

Definitely keen again this year. Unfortunately can't do either bank holiday weekend but could do the 2nd option.

We're also looking at maybe doing a 3 nighter with 1 night exploring Guernsey, so possibly something like:

Day 1: Poole > Schole bank > St Peter Port

Day 2: St PP > Schole / Casquets (depending on how day 1 went) > Braye

Day 3: Schole / Casquets > Braye

Day 4: Wrecking > Home

St. Pete has the advantage of pontoons in the outer harbour, allowing both walk ashore access and exit without tidal restrictions. Also, plenty of choice of eateries.

A third option if in the area is Dielette, due East of the Schole, and below the Race. Free berthing for MDL boats for a couple of nights, all tide access to the outer marina, fuel 24*7 with a card, and superb unlimited moules frites for about 11 Euros.

Mike

Jerry I would love to have had you on board but I am all crewed up at the moment. 

Others maybe looking for crew or as Rob says you could take your new boat (assuming it is here by then), you would not be short on help and advice and could buddy up with one or more other boats going.

Dependent on dates I would love to crew should any one require it

• 2 weeks later...

Because of my birthday and Wendy,s trip I will skip the first weekend in may, second has huge tides.

I am now looking at weekend of 14th and 15th May possibly extending before or after to suit the weather

I hope that Will and the boys can join me

Who else is looking at that weekend?

Charlie