Alderney Aug 15

Adam F

Just was going to warn...the boats are three abreast on buoys at Alderney, and the anchorage is allegedly busy.

If anyone is coming over this weekend, suggest you prepare to anchor, with allowance for a 6-7m tide, with all of the best spots potentially taken.

If you get a chance to share a buoy, remember to bring enough rope to attach to the buoy itself, plus bow and stern lines to your neighbour, plus spring lines to prevent surging, and enough fenders for both sides.

Good luck all those that partake :)

Mike

Thanks for the heads up Mike, Alderney Week I guess is making it extra busy. Glad I am taking my dingy with o/b could be a long run to the pontoon or a long wait for the taxi.

I am quite expecting to anchor with good weather forcast well ahead and arriving late after fishing the banks.

Wendy and I went over on the last night of Alderney week a few years back

Pretty busy and a great firework dsiplay on the playing field

Then a quarry party started that kept us awake into the night

Enjoy the vibe lads, lots of stunned people around the harbour on Sunday morning

Quarry Party you say - now you are talking!

I was talking to a guy yesterday who was brought up on Alderney - his advice was that Alderney Week is crazy and there used to be some great live music etc too!

Fear yea not.

Spoke to Mark, the banks are fishing well, a few less Turbos than earlier in the season but more Brill now, including some monsters! He did tell me how big they had been caught to....  :)

All the banks are producing but more smaller ones on Schole, as usual.

Bass fishing had not been so good but has been picking up very recently.