Landyards- Stop your tackle going overboard!

After a couple of recent threads which detailed the loss of rods and reels into the briney, I thought I'd make some landyards up.

After choking on the per-metre price of 3mm line in the local chandleries, and not liking how stiff that stuff is, I ordered 30m of paracord and some nice mini spring-clips off ebay for £17, then realised it was coming from Hong Kong and would take about a month so ordered the same again from someone in the UK! :rolleyes:

Top Tip- check where your ebay bargains are coming from!

Then in Asda today I spotted a packet of 4 paracord guy-lines for £2, so got them as well! :D

When I got home, Postie turned up with the sprung-clips from the UK ebay seller, and so I turned 4 guy-lines and 16 spring-clips into 8 landyards (when the ebay Paracord turns up I'll keep that form something else! :lol: )

Anyway, here's one of them:

temporary_zps0ngyjtwv.jpg

My plan is to use the big clip (which is still tiny) around the rail (or other attachment point on the boat) and the small clip in a loop around the reel-seat.

The clips were about a quid each and the line was 25p per landyard.

Hopefully will be a bit quicker than tying knots every time.