Christchurch Bay marks

bobbing along

Hi All,

Fairley new to this area and I need a bit of guidance, I have a Orkney Dory 13ft with a 40hp Tohatsu, it gets me out quickly to where I am going, but not to far for the time being,

I am fitting a Lowrance Elite 4m colour chart reader with a Chichester to Start point gold SD card matched to a Lowrance Elite 3X colour sounder, I will usually be running out from Christchurch

into the bay and I was hoping that some kind club member could help me out with a few marks in the bay area to get me started, Thank you Brian he gave me some but they are from the Christchurch ledge over towards Pool etc, also is it worth drifting for plaice / sole or is it to rocky.

Thank you for your time and local knowledge and I hope to get to some of the club meetings over the next couple of months.

Cheers for now.

Nick (bobbing along)       

You won't have to go very far to find some very good marks , it all depends what you want to do.

Sole , best at night drifting along Southbourne area. September ish

Plaice, just inside the jetty, anchored fine, daytime,.

Thing it's never that easy ! It's not where you fish it's about using the correct method at the correct time.

There is of course very special little areas, see detailed catch reports for club members, take you time and read every report, it will give you a very good start.

Keep a eye on other boats, see what they are doing, it's a massive learning curve, be patient and the fish will come.