usefull gadget

SWELLBOY

Hello All

I thought I would post a new gadget I have just bought on ebay as I think it would be usefull for other members.

It is a mini fuel pump used for transfering fuel from jerry cans to main tanks without the need for funnels etc.

I have got one lifts about 2 meters and tranfers up to 50 liters with one charge. If interested search item number 381091617480.Finally please keep up the banter as it is the only thing that keeps me sane ,stuck up here in Hertfordshire.Hope to get to a meeting after I bring all the kit down in March.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rally-Motorsport-Race-Car-Wireless-Petrol-Pump-Brilliant-Unique-Syphon-Diesel-/381091617480?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item58bad49ac8

Edited by Maverick
added link

There is a syphon available from most chandlery shops which is basically a plastic tube with a ball bearing in a fixed metal ferrule, drop it into the  jerry can, lift it up and down the petrol or diesel flows briskly into your tank. No charging, no power and easy to store about a tenner. Had one for three years still working perfectly. 

I used the syphon for years on Great White and Alfresco, but even though I upgraded to the larger size for alfresco it is a bit slow for multiple drums. and the drums had to be fairly high up to get the syphon working well.

Last year I bought a 12volt version of what Swellboy described from Quay West Chandlers.

it works very well dropped into the drums, pumps 25 ltrs in no time, did three drums yesterday in about 10 minutes. pumped it straight from the drums in the Marina Trolley so saves my back lugging them about.

I have a few cigarette lighter type sockets around the boat and I just plug it into one of them.

I am sure the battery ones will be great for smaller volumes of fuel.

Hi Brian

It is the bigger brother of Albatross a Quayline 18 they were hand built by a guy that now works for Sunseeker.

My application for this device is to pump reserve fuel from a under floor reserve ballast tank to the running tank

in a seat compartment which is about 18 inches higher and therefore would not siphon.  

Hi Brian

It is the bigger brother of Albatross a Quayline 18 they were hand built by a guy that now works for Sunseeker.

My application for this device is to pump reserve fuel from a under floor reserve ballast tank to the running tank

in a seat compartment which is about 18 inches higher and therefore would not siphon.  

If the battery version proves to slow, you can have a look at mine if you wish.

Charlie