new 150

gjb

Well no one seems to want to do any deals was going for the quicksilver 755 but as i say no one wants to do deals so i am going down the other way and fitting a mariner 150 + sport trim tabs to my boat and hoping for the best so saved over half my cash so as i said keep my fingers crossed

Graham

Hi Graham

Have you done the deed and bought it? I have a 640 pilothouse like yours, Im based at ribs marine Christchurch. Have you spoken with Simon there who is the main agent for Quicksilver.

By the way like you I have toyed with changing the engine, I have a 115 mariner 4 stroke.

I have done a lot of research and the best weight to power ratio is the yamaha by far, on average the yam is 40 kilos lighter which is huge on the handling and fuel consumption and a quieter engine with better security and user dials. By the way your boat is only recommended for 115hp 85kw so you would have to notify your insurance.

The 640 is rated for 150 hp

Hi Graham

Have you done the deed and bought it? I have a 640 pilothouse like yours, Im based at ribs marine Christchurch. Have you spoken with Simon there who is the main agent for Quicksilver.

By the way like you I have toyed with changing the engine, I have a 115 mariner 4 stroke.

I have done a lot of research and the best weight to power ratio is the yamaha by far, on average the yam is 40 kilos lighter which is huge on the handling and fuel consumption and a quieter engine with better security and user dials. By the way your boat is only recommended for 115hp 85kw so you would have to notify your insurance.

The 640 is rated for 150 hp    http://www.quicksilver-boats.com/quicksilver/uk/en/products/?m=Pilothouse%20640#engines

Thankyou Wedger 

I don't know if the prop would be the answer or not i just thought something with a bit more grunt and with the trim tabs i hope and pray this will do the trick but will know more in a week or two

graham

Hi Graham the info I gave you was straight from my identity plate which is mounted on the port side stern. My understanding is that the transom has to be strong enough to cope with the thrust/ push of the engine, along with many other factors.

I am sure all this should have been checked by your fitter.

Would you be so kind as to invite me down for a quick blast when all sorted I would be very interested in the results.

Cheers Mal.

Hi Mal 

you will be welcome to come looky see

As for Jim my idea is that i will meet myself coming back and ask if i done any good if not i won't bother to go, oh by the way Jim is that high heels 

Graham

Well boats out trim tabs are fitted just waiting for the beast from the east or where ever looking forward to the test run next week . The pound notes are flying i hope the boat does the same

Graham

Hi Mal 

you will be welcome to come looky see

As for Jim my idea is that i will meet myself coming back and ask if i done any good if not i won't bother to go, oh by the way Jim is that high heels 

Graham

:lol:  :lol:  :lol: :lol: