For ipad users (navionics) some important information .(also some pcs)

Hooky

If you zoom right in there are a few marks people have put on, I've found quite a few, somebodies bass mark by the Clan is just one.you have to zoom right in and you will see a small red square...........those of you that are long sighted ..... Don't try

How easy things change.    Some years ago (50+) i was the only diver using Mudeford  this was during the crayfish wars ''down west'' and the dislike and suspicion of divers was rife. i had just come out of the RN as one and did a few recovery jobs for the mudeford lads and gained their trust,  but i digress. diving near hengistbury head for some lost pots i actualy found them fouled in a spitfire around which the sand had scoured. this obstruction was not known. it was not on decca or any chart.  we informed the RAF museum at hendon they asked me to go down again for a specific task ie to remove a part of the engine which had a number on it,  they put this number to a spitfire believed to have been shot down in the channel   the pilot nearly got home!!!    the point------his remaing family where taken out on Andy Russels boat and placed a reath over its position  that wreck was never seen or charted again, the sand just swallowed it up i gave up many years ago trying to find it again but never did,      i have posted thinking some might be interested stuff disappearing is far from being modern,  sorry to be long winded.       Derek :)

Example sonarcharts fiction: 50, 38.08 - 1, 27.53 (brook ledges area) - shows a 177ft hole with surrounding area 32ft. Wow, there got to something fishy going on there. Yep but not the right sort of fishy.

Standard chart just shows a 32ft shelving to 26ft area.

Help me out Steve, using Navionics this is what I come up with ! I think I'm missing something,I can't find the 177ft hole ?

Could anyone else point me in the right direction ,

Edit again !!!!!!!!'mmmmmmmmmm I'm such a idiot, I didn't do the sonar chart screen shot , good grief .

post-1523-0-78040900-1411066529_thumb.jpg