New member introduction

iansimpson63

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

I joined the club last night and was bullied by the committee into handing over an extra £5 for family membership, I hope this intimidation will ease off. We have a Dejon 14 with a Mariner 20 HP that is used within the harbour and 2 adults can fish comfortably from Pug, I don't see her going out the harbour unless there is a very calm day.

I have been fishing for many years but took a 20 year gap due to PMT, however, a change of spouse and end of rugby days allowed me to start again about 9 years ago.  I am keen to keep learning the art of sea fishing and would like to crew on boats when members have space.

Regards Ian

Ian

Welcome to club and to your family for joining

Keep on the forum and you will get opportunities to crew as well as learning a lot from the topics

Look forward to seeing you at the next meeting and may be on the water

What is your boat called, we use channel 6 on the vhf

The RNLI offers a sea check for boats and gives advice on what safety issues

There are a couple of members e.g. Mike and Carol Fox who will carry out sea checks

Tony

Hi Ian,

Good to talk with you last night.

I will be happy to take you out fishing - perhaps joining me and Stuie for the Club and Poole Sea Angling Centre Bream Competition on the 18th if you are available.

As long as my boat is back in the water by then!

Neal

Gentlemen

thank you for the replies. To answer a few points raised;

Brian, my boat is called Pug and I will monitor 6 when out.

Neal, I would like to join on the 18th if your back on the water, and i will send you a PM later.

Maverick, the advice on the Dejon 14 limitations is welcome and enforces my reasons for staying inside the harbour and respecting all sea states. I only take risks with other peoples money.

Tony, I had Pug overhauled by a friend Tony Cordial of Select Marine and she is fine at the moment but will say hello to Mike and Carol for future advice.

Thank you all so far and if anyone would like to start a collection, my 2 girls want a pink and a purple rod now that they are members. If this doesn't happen I will view it as discrimination being a Cornishman.

Bye for now, Ian