Possible Website Problem ?

diverdave

A couple of times in the last few days whilst navigating this site my computer has shut down and rebooted.

Anyone else ?

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:                        BlueScreen

OS Version:                                          6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID:                                             2057

Additional information about the problem:

BCCode:                                               d1

BCP1:                                                    FFFFF8800458E170

BCP2:                                                    0000000000000002

BCP3:                                                    0000000000000000

BCP4:                                                    FFFFF880059F3C00

OS Version:                                          6_1_7601

Service Pack:                                       1_0

Product:                                               256_1

Just received a reply from my son,

BSc(Hons) Software Engineer.

"It sounds like a bug or problem with their website…a BSOD & re-boot is usually due to software trying to access an area of memory that it shouldn’t be or doesn’t have access too….."

Followed by ......

"Don't forget that Microsoft's extended support for Windows XP & Office 2003 is ending on the 8th April 2014 and extended support for Windows Server 2003 is ending on the 14th July 2015. Extended support for Windows 2000 & 2000 Server ended back in July 2010. End of support refers to the date when Microsoft no longer provides automatic fixes, security updates, or online technical assistance."

I have never seen a BSOD which has been caused by accessing a website. As suggested above the most likely cause will be a driver update recently done. Most likely the driver is attempting to access memory which it shouldn't be allowed to.

The website we use doesn't install any client side applications etc. ( unless you use Tapatalk on a mobile device ) so won't be the website.

My bet would be a graphics card driver update or a sound card driver ( I had one which actually prevented me starting windows at all )

Not sure why the reference to end of Microsoft support is relevant here ( with regards to the website ) as it doesn't use a windows host.

Regards Paul.

And some examples where same issues occurring. I would go with video card driver being the suspect to start.

I would suggest getting your son to run you through getting a dump file generated and then running through Microsoft debugger to see what driver has caused the BSOD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/168362-another-blue-screen-error.html