Boxing Day nightmare for Wishin Too

niggle

• 3 weeks later...

As it's all quiet on the fishy front thought I'd do an update on Wishin Too Engine etc is out
Boat is now with the trimmers in Hythe, note the masking tape on the hull that's how much she lists still due to trapped water under the forward deck  buzy8avu.jpgu9u7ume8.jpg

epa5u7u3.jpg

5ezyvupy.jpg

All very well having sealed compartments, but I like to have limber holes down to the bilge

I had that discussion with offshore after looking at the boats they finished, that seemed to have voids around tanks etc, their answer was that water should never get in so why worry about how it gets out.

I still gave Alfresco lots of limber holes, so any water finishes up in the bilge or central lockers.

Three main bilges all have their own pumps (hand and elec) so that water can be removed.

No doubt your yard are looking at how to do that for you Nige

Mark ,spring high and about 4 extra feet of flood water.static mooring mooring ropes pulled her over so the water came in the scuppers and fish wells and into engine bay which only has a 100 mm lip and the 4 month old bilge pump stopped working

• 1 month later...

Popped in yesterday to see progress, looking good on the interior.Electricians were still working on her and all wiring has been replaced and is so neat, better than before😄

2 new vetus wiper motors,all new gauges,switches etc

Probably be just 3 or 4 weeks now can't wait, think I might have trouble actually fishing from her to start with as all I want to do is drive her

Nigel

• 1 month later...