Wreck Finder

Coddy

• 1 year later...

I bought this app after seeing this thread and have noted that there are several wrecks relatively close to the shore around the poole area. My question is does anybody know if they hold fish and are they safe to fish. I was looking at the iona, surdela, fluer de lys and in particular the kyarra

Oh well it was worth a try. I know a mark in Westbay where I can catch pollock to 10 lb off a reef and a wreck but would have liked to have kept it local. Think I might have to have ago at catching one of those divers at least they would put a bend in the rod lol p.s I would act strictly on catch and release😇😂

Oh well it was worth a try. I know a mark in Westbay where I can catch pollock to 10 lb off a reef and a wreck but would have liked to have kept it local. Think I might have to have ago at catching one of those divers at least they would put a bend in the rod lol p.s I would act strictly on catch and release

Mr Fox Snr can help you with tackle and bait advise! Though, he failed to land it!

Guilty as charged.

The specimen in question was around 170-180lb, and Rob, it WAS boated, just on someone else's boat while still attached.

I did consider fillet and release, but discretion prevailed.

Sometimes it's good to let them swim off for another day :D

Was glad Rob and JoJo were on hand to witness the whole event, else no-one else would have believed that my Ugly Stik spin, Abu 7000, and 30lb braid would have managed it (apart from Charlie perhaps, who saw me get a 40lb conger on it).

The bait shall remain secret however, as I'm now gearing up for a larger specimen.

Mike

Oh well it was worth a try. I know a mark in Westbay where I can catch pollock to 10 lb off a reef and a wreck but would have liked to have kept it local. Think I might have to have ago at catching one of those divers at least they would put a bend in the rod lol p.s I would act strictly on catch and release

I caught one while fishing the Portland Breakwater , Hood entrance, unfortunately I had to let it go as there was no specimen size, however it was a good fight!!

• 1 month later...