Just joined Properly and looking for advice

nightingale300

Hi everyone, although i registered quite some time ago, its only due to purchasing another boat from one of your members that we can now get out fishing again well almost.

We bought SPARTA that is a 24ft wilson flyer today and put on our berth in cobbs, it is comming out of the water on Tuesday to be checked and cleaned ect. i am looking to get the whole boat re wired just for peice of mind and to get the mermaid inboard looked over and serviced. The last owner has done a great job with the boat but due to his lack of use i just want it in tip top condition for the winter fishing especialy as my dad is in his 80s and dont want anything to be compromised.

So can anyone recomend a good electrician to re wire and tidy it all up.

I need a stainless radar arch, and some one who is willing to disclose some pointers where to fish as we dont know any marks as we only moved here 3yr ago and had to sell our arvor to afford the move.

We have just completed and paid the family membership and are looking forward to meeting some of you fellow anglers. Any advise welcome Thanks for reading

Welcome to the club Malcolm

You may or may not know we have a club meeting this Thursday evening and I am sure you will be made most welcome. It starts at 8pm at the Trades and Labour Club in Ashley Road, Parkstone (next door to the Esso garage).

It is also a good place and time to get to know some of the club members who keep thier boat at Cobbs.

To help you start finding your own marks we have a number of referance locations for new members look here http://www.pbsbac.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=5646

Can I suggest that whilst your new baot is out you have a FREE RNLI SEA CHECK.

This is a great service and they give you some practical advice about stayng safe on the water. There is no pass or fail situation just advice.

Enjoy being a club member and remember you get out of the club what you put in. wink.gif

Dave

cool.gif

Edited by Coddy

Thanks Dave i will come along, I will be getting the RNLI to carry out the checks as my wife and various members of her family all work there either on the poole crew or in the offices , so this part is a must and will not be taking back out the harbour with out this done. Thanks for the mark info i will browse through it.

Must have a good boat budget if using Salterns wink.gif

I have a whole list of contacts for various Marine contractors and suppliers.

That we use at work [Parkstone Yacht Club]

If it helps PM me what you are after and I may suggest a supplier

Quay West chandlers is now based at Parkstone Yacht Club, they are a sponsor of our Open and offer discount to Members 01202 732233

Kev Dixon 07816 629915 has helped me on many boats electrical systems

Matt Sydenham at MES 01202 666066 the same for electronics

My son Dan works for Purbeck Marine 01202 686592, they also have an electrical contractor that they use.

Charlie biggrin.gif

Thanks. I know a few of them through work so at the moment i am just trying to get good prices once people come to look at the boat.

She comes out the water tomorrow.

I was at sulterns looking for rob but i understand he has left and gone to nigeria. Some of the other members of pbsbac like your self have been very helpfull and the calls and visits have been made so it should all hopefully fall into place and get sorted. Thanks again.

Hi mark

The boat has almost been striped and its not out the water yet ha ha.

got some great plans for your old boat. Mermaid have inspected and said you had done a great job looking after the engine and possibly all the engine needs is a high pressure lift pump and the shut down parts sorted as you pointed out to me. Thank you very much for agreeing to sell it to us as its going to make dad very happy when out fishing. also if you find any past paper work you have my address and mybe you could send it to me or i could collect. Many Thanks again.

Regards Malcolm