Wishin has been raided

niggle

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear that Nigel.

Jim'll be along shortly with his suggestions for punishment. biggrin.gif

I saw Graham last night and he told me about it.

So sorry Nigel.

Yes Brian, you're right.

They can't F'ing steal with no HANDS.

Jim

Nige,

Really sorry - it messes up your outlook on life for quite a while, as well as all the hassle fixing it.

Perhaps we can get a bulk buy discount on plotters ? - I still am in the market for a plotter/sounder - I wouldnt hold out any hope of it turning up on ebay - these people may be mad but they are not stupid.

I dont know why HKJ and other insurers dont work closer with Police to get some support for regular harbour/marina watches backed up by a Police prescence. I've heard diddly squat from Poole Police since mine happened. Until these sods steal the Police RIB or break into the station and steal all their comms equipment - nothing will get done. They are even scaling back the support to marine watch in Poole - due to the general budget cuts. Basically this is burgulary afloat and should be no different to other property in their response.

Hope you recover quickly from this setback.

Regards

Paul

• 3 weeks later...

I met up with loss adjuster today at marina only to be told the marina was again broken into again last night.Seven people seen on CCTV robbing quite a few other boats of electrical goodies.

A very sad affair indeed but hopefully they now might get caught,my boat wasn't touched as they have already robbed mine!

Loss adjuster sounded positive about my claim ,but reality hit me today big time when I relised my late dad gave me the money for the big plotter.......so I would have something to remember him by when I was doing what I enjoy most.......my fishing......no money can replace that!!!

Nige

You know how impressed I am with the way you have taken this Nigel

I am so sad to hear that the loss of the plotter has another downside. We all know how you loved your dad and how much you miss him.

keep your chin up mate, lets hope the new evidence helps the police catch the little sods.

Charlie

You know how impressed I am with the way you have taken this Nigel

I am so sad to hear that the loss of the plotter has another downside. We all know how you loved your dad and how much you miss him.

keep your chin up mate, lets hope the new evidence helps the police catch the little sods.

Charlie

So Sorry Nige sad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

I now know how you feel Nige. Sweet Pea was one of the boats broken into last night at RIBS and our little plotter was taken.They couldn't get the big one out of its fixing, but I am waiting for them to come back.

My wife has security marked it, as with all our other bits on the boat, but I dont suppose we'll see it again.

Have been down tonight to fit a padlock, for what good it will do.Just felt I had to do something.

Mal

Is there anyway to booby trap your electricals , especially the fixed stuff. Super glue Stanley blades behind the consul etc.? Only dodgy if you don't know it's there! ph34r.gif

then you WOULD get sued lofty!

I would get great satisfaction from being sued by someone with no fingers :-)

Yep !

And they couldn't stick them up at you. laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Jim

Ok. Some think my Stanley blade idea a bit legally risky.(1 or 2 just left over from install.)

Why not something more fishy? The boats are left for some time empty and are turned over at night. Put some eyes on either bulkhead with 100lb line and snaps each end for quick release. Hang a good assortment of hooks on the line, why not have 2 or 3 across at various heights?

Wouldn't take long to put up and down at the end of your trip and would be 1 in the eye for any robbers. (this is me being tactful , as of I caught someone pinching my gear......)

Ok. Some think my Stanley blade idea a bit legally risky.(

Why not something more fishy?  Put some eyes on either bulkhead with 100lb line and  snaps each end for quick release.  Hang a good assortment of hooks on the line, why not have 2 or 3 across at various heights?

Yeh but make sure you use treble hooks ph34r.gif wouldn't want the barstewards to get away that easily ohmy.gif

Ok. Some think my Stanley blade idea a bit legally risky.(1 or 2 just left over from install.)

Why not something more fishy? The boats are left for some time empty and are turned over at night. Put some eyes on either bulkhead with 100lb line and snaps each end for quick release. Hang a good assortment of hooks on the line, why not have 2 or 3 across at various heights?

Wouldn't take long to put up and down at the end of your trip and would be 1 in the eye for any robbers. (this is me being tactful , as of I caught someone pinching my gear......)

now find a way of (safely for the boat) building in some time expired orange smokes and you could be on a winner!

I'm sure the stanley blades in law are as acceptable as setting glass into the top of a wall - as long as it is out of reach - no one can claim they had a valid reason for being where they shouldnt be...

Being slightly serious !!!!

I wonder how many of us have alarms of any sort fitted ?

This is the way I'm going - I'm just about to pick my boat up from BHG and hand over a big cheque..

smile.gif Paul

Edited by Sinbad

Legally risky ?

If my boat was left unattended I would rig an IED and tell the insurance Co the Barstewards torched it.

On a more serious note, how about wiring all grab rails to an electric fence generator, it only needs a 12v supply, should be easy ?

We need to be proactive not reactive, no one has the human right to steal !