project ... replacing floor.

Graham Nash

• 4 weeks later...

So while some of you were out enjoying the weather and fishing I was stuck with my head in my cabin doing some more to the electrics and building a new engine well.

There's a few finishing bits to do but I think we might just be in the water by easter weekend :-)

user posted image

user posted image

• 2 weeks later...

Huh ... so much for being in the water by this weekend!!

Electrics very very nearly done, deck is complete including 3 access hatches. 4 X bilge pumps in and connected, spot/flood lights in (one rotates to light up the deck if required), radar in. transducer in, windscreen wiper in, battery switch in (although still gotta order the 2nd battery yet), new drivers seat in, new skippers seat on the deck in biggrin.gif ......

I doubt I will be floating in time for the competition next week but maybe the following weekend rolleyes.gif

before i started this weekend.

user posted image

my seat biggrin.gif

user posted image

Spotlights and randome and windscreen wiper smile.gif

user posted image

Edited by Graham Nash

I must confess I had not thought of additional fendering???

My boat has a 4" wooden top of the gunnels (although it is fibreglassed), it protrudes about an inch or so from the hull. I assumed THAT was my fendering?

Don't tell me i'm not finished spending yet PLEASE!!

Hi Graham

I thought that I saw your boat down at Cobbs on Saturday but obviously not if you are still working on her.

Might be worth you popping down to see if you can get any ideas for the fendering.

She is on a trailer between the stacking yard and slipway and fuel tanks.

Looking good

Dave

cool.gif

Her original name was MISTRESS and I hear all sorts of sailors stories about neptune not liking boats to have name changes huh.gif (plus she has cost me as much as a mistress would blink.gif ) so it is looking like MISTRESS may be staying smile.gif

Here is the re naming ceremony

I've renamed my yak and a chum, an old matelot, won't go out with me till this is done, so I've got the booze ready to go !

http://boatsafe.com/nauticalknowhow/rename.htm

Sorry Graham biggrin.gif

But most boats have a fendering strip bolted to that flat surface to protect the boat and others when they come together or rest on another structure.

Alfresco and Great White both use extruded D section through bolted to the hull/deck joint.

Look on wilks website, but cheaper bought at jumbles, there is usually a guy there selling it. You would not need the size we use so that will save money.

A fair bit of work to fit it, definately not a one man job, but a nice finishing touch.

Charlie biggrin.gif

Edited by great white

Hi Graham

I thought that I saw your boat down at Cobbs on Saturday but obviously not if you are still working on her.

Might be worth you popping down to see if you can get any ideas for the fendering.

She is on a trailer between the stacking yard and slipway and fuel tanks.

Looking good

Dave

cool.gif

Hi Dave, I popped down and had a look at the one you mentioned. Similar in some ways but completely different in others.

The one at Cobbs is a little longer than mine but not as wide. The finish on that one is far nicer than mine but nowhere near as heavy laid up. Tapping the side of that one and it sounds thin, tap mine and it "thuds".

The cabin on that one looked . . . . erm . . . well, you know wink.gif but his trailer was a cracker!!

As for the fendering on that one, it looked like it just "pinched" the top mould to the bottom mould .... my boat doesnt have the top mould.

But I want his trailer ph34r.gifsmile.gif