New member -hi

Shanew

Hello to you all

My name is shane and i have a shetland 536 called sarah louise .

I am a novice in the boat fishing scene and ive joined the club to gain confidence and hopefully catch a few fish in the process biggrin.gif .

I look forward to getting to know you all.

Regards

Shane

Hiya Shane,

Welcome to our great club.

Come along to the meetings, meet the members and join in.

Lots of help from the more experienced members and Banter from Me. biggrin.gif

Did I tell you about the " Buy Jim Beer and Cakes " rule for new members ? wink.gif

Jim

hi mike,jim

I live in bedfordshire and boat is on a trailer at the moment.

Ive completed my vhf short range cert and ive done a seamanship and navigation course , class based.

Been spending the last couple months getting her ready for sailing.

Buying safety gear etc.

Was looking at sailing her in the crouch, blackwater.

Then came across this club and after reading many posts my mind was made up and here i am.

. biggrin.gif

Hi Shane

Welcome to the best club & site on the South coast.

I use to live in Bedfordshire 6+yrs ago so I know how far it is from the sea!! ohmy.gif

There is always plenty of help and advice offered to those who ask (and sometimes those who don't ask!)

Safety is paramount in the club and there are many people who will help you when ever you need it.

Enjoy your stay & the more you contribute the more you will get out of the club.

Oh, you will also need a good sence of humour as well laugh.giflaugh.gif

Dave

cool.gif

Thanks to all your welcomes guys.

Yes coddy safety comes first, i have booked a week staying at rockley park from 3rd sept to 10sept and have aranged a pontoon for the week so hope to get out as much as i can.

If anybody else is going out and wouldnt mind some company it would be welcome.

It is a trek from bedfordshire so may have to look for a mooring somewhere.

The boat goes into priory marina on monday to get electrics all checked.

Looking Forward to maiden voyage. Hope it floats laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Welcome Shane

and please join in and use the offers of advice.

Your shetland is a very capable boat and I hope you get lots of fun on her

The time at Rockley coincides with the Club open boat comp so maybe we will see you taking part or at least have a chance to meet many of the members.

Tight lines

Charlie biggrin.gif

Welcome to the Club Shane

I used to have a Shetland as well and had many years of fun with her.

Several of the members, myself included, keep our boats at Rockley and I am sure you will be able to buddy up with someone for a few trips while you are down in Dorset.

Make the most of the club and ensure that you access the knowledge and skills that are available in club members. They are all friendly so do not hesitate to chat to them.

There is also a monthly meeting held on the first Thursday of the month at Parkstone Trades and Labour club 7:30 for 8 if you are down this way. This is a good place to get to meet and chat to people .

Best wshes

Tony

Hi and welcome!

Yes, please fish the Open, the more the merrier!!!

Question: is that radar in your craft? If so, is it broadband? If not, it looks a little low to be safe! Could give you a headache or much worse!

Rob

Hi Shane, you're not the only 'out of town' member, I'm in Oxfordshire. I notice you are only listed as a forum member so, if you have joined the club, that will need to be changed so you can access the full site.

Catch you on the wet side sometime soon.

Terry.

Werlcome Shane.

Can't fault your reasoning for joining the club. Best move I made in a long time was to join a few months ago.

The help, support and friendship is second to none.

It's so reassuring when your at sea to know there are friends nearby or at the other end of the radio.

Good luck

Hi martin thanks for that, i recieved a email from paul as i had double paid using paypall.he said i should recieve a membership pack by post.

Cheers

Shane

Sorry Shane we can only accept you as one member. No benefits for you joining twice so if it's alright with you I'll have a pint of Carling extra cold out of the second payment laugh.gif

Martin

BTW membership pack will arrive via email