Poole Sea Angling Centre - Cod Comp

Coddy

What a day,not a single bite mad.gif 124 anglers 14 cod weighed in.

We had it all rough first thing(good call Rob sick.gif )fog so thick when we come in the skipper of Random Harvest went round in three circles on way back in until we spotted a potter that obviously knew his way home so he followed him...........then we come across another charter that apparently was also going around in circles and he joined the convoy(let's all do the conga) blink.gif

I have to admit that I felt yuk all day,I didn't ground bait,it would of been easier if I had a bite but that's fishing!

Total catch on our boat today was 1 large edible crab,1 pout and 2 small whiting,a lot of boats were the same ,I blame the sprats that are in biggrin.gif

Nige

we were out today .... very very foggy through the harbour made for very slow progress. Once we got to the harbour entrance we tied up to a buoy to wait for the fog to lift.

We didnt have to wait long but the sea was pretty grotty out of the harbour with a fair swell making our progress almost as slow as the fog had done. We followed a couple of private boats out to our mark (although one of them turned back towards the harbour about a mile out).

Both of us on the boat felt pretty grim at times but we managed to keep our breakfasts down. The swell eased after a few hours and by mid day you would never have known it was ther same day.

I managed a doggie and a couple of pout, my mate a single pout.

We started the return trip at 3.15 and by the time we were half way into the harbour the fog had rolled back in and we were down to a walking pace again.

Pretty hard days fishing but still great to be out and away from Christmas TV.

Well done you lot for going out !!

I must admit it sounds a bummer as far as the weather was concerned and even worse for the fishing !! Even the whiting were not playing ! where have they gone?

Anyone know what area the cod were caught....ie Wight, ledge, bay or OH spoils??

and was fishing that slow everywhere else??

Dave biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Well I think everything has been said that can be said about the weather and even the fishing I had a good day out again on White Magic with 12 + Whiteing 6 keepers good banter all day, no target fish for us but at least one club member took joint 5th with a 16lb6oz Cod, well done Kev (Yello).

user posted image

Thanks Dave for getting me afloat great day.

PS the wining fish was 22lb+2nd 21lb 3rd 21lb+4th18+ 5th16+