Just joined today

LilBrit

Planning to come down to Poole again later this week so thought I'd get the moth holder out and join this club.

Not sure what happens next? Hopefully don't need to learn any dodgy handshakes or roll the trouser leg up? blink.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Should be arriving Thursday then hopefully get some fishing in over the following 10 days. I've met a few of you guys at he WSF Weymouth meets, I log in as "Lilbrit" over there as well, my first boat being called Little Britain. I now fish from a QS620 called Eileen (named after me dear old Ma!)

Anybody wanting a day out get in touch and we will see what can be sorted.

Is there anywhere in the area I can fill up a biggish coolbox with ice?

Look forward to meeting some of you and swapping a few porkies about the one that got away.

Welcome - why not come to our club meeting this Thursday in Parkstone?

Post your pic in your profile so we can recognise who you are.

Martin has a contact for flaked ice and several will knwo where to get cubed from too - if not the supermarket.

ATB

Rob

Welcome - why not come to our club meeting this Thursday in Parkstone?

Post your pic in your profile so we can recognise who you are.

Martin has a contact for flaked ice and several will knwo where to get cubed from too - if not the supermarket.

ATB

Rob

Picture added, boat looks better than the owner so best recognise me from that biggrin.gif

Should be berthing up at Parkstone so will see if I can find the meeting.

Cheers,

Paul

Welcome Paul

I second Rob's post.......pop into the club meet at about 7.30......chance to see who you joined and have a cheap beer before and after the meeting.

you get the chance to ask Q's face to face ......answers and advice will flow !!!

Dave biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Edited by pirky

Hi Paul

Welcome to the club I'm sure you'll enjoy your membership.

Our Treasurer will confirm your Paypal? payment probably this eve then your status on the forum will be updated to that of club member. You will then have access to all areas on the forum.

Look forward to meeting you on Thursday

Martin

PBSBAC chairman, forum admin and general dogs body tongue.gif

Welcome Paul

I second Rob's post.......pop into the club meet at about 7.30......chance to see who you joined and have a cheap beer before and after the meeting.

you get the chance to ask Q's face to face ......answers and advice will flow !!!

Tried to resist it but have to ask

Will pinky be with you? smile.gifsmile.gif

Paul I see you have added your avatar which is very small. Most members add a photo in their profile page. This allow a larger photo and gives us all a chance to maybe recognise you. just go to "My Controls" look under personal profile for "change personal" photo then follow the instructions

ATB

Martin

Welcome Paul

Dave  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

Tried to resist it but have to ask

Will pinky be with you? smile.gifsmile.gif

Uh - Oh !

Another Bloody Comedian . biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Jim

Welcome Paul

Dave

Thank you for the welcome messages guys, much appreciated....as for the attempt at humour I guess its only fair that you all know from the outset what's in store?

Maybe the club treasurer will want to refund my Paypal payment before it gets any worse? You really should have clearly defined membership criteria which specifically excludes the insane! PMSL

In the meantime I can always revert to "bashing my minnow" ph34r.gifbiggrin.giftongue.gif

Paul I see you have added your avatar which is very small.  Most members add a photo in their profile page.  This allow a larger photo and gives us all a chance to maybe recognise you.  just go to "My Controls" look under personal profile for "change personal" photo then follow the instructions

ATB

Martin

Dodgy picture added but please don't try to recognise me by the Tope as we put it back!

Hopefully catch up Thursday

Paul

For the avoidance of confusion I joined the forum way back in 2007 but subscribed to the club proper for the first time today, still trying to get the moths back in this darn wallet!

Edited by LilBrit

I think others forgot to mention that it is tradition for new members to buy the first round on a club night for all committee members! 

Now that's what I call fishing...........................

with very little chance of catching

Welcome to the club

Neal

Huh......Man can't read .......some chance of him getting to the meeting !!!! even less of getting him to the bar !!!! tongue.giftongue.gif

Hi Dave,

Would that be another case of deep pockets and short trotters by any chance?

Paul rolleyes.giftongue.gif

ps I'm assuming that you are old enough to remember Pinky and Perky? I think most here probably are! wink.gif

"ps I'm assuming that you are old enough to remember Pinky and Perky? I think most here probably are! ""

OOOOOhhhhh !!!!!

How we managed to get 2 pages out of this thread I don't know !!!

Welcome again Paul.....Look forward to catching you at the bar with all the moths out for a second time this month....Ho Ho Ho !!

"ps I'm assuming that you are old enough to remember Pinky and Perky? I think most here probably are! ""

OOOOOhhhhh !!!!!

How we managed to get 2 pages out of this thread I don't know !!!

Welcome again Paul.....Look forward to catching you at the bar with all the moths out for a second time this month....Ho Ho Ho !!

Dave  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

Apologies if I've dragged down the tone of this forum with silly banter!

So anybody giving clues where the meeting might be taking place?

Don't forget you are talking serious grockle here!

rolleyes.giftongue.gif