Arvor 200, sold

wotu2uk

Now sold

Arvor 200 wheelhouse angling boat, rated for 6 persons, fishes 4 in comfort, Category C, single berth in wheelhouse, portapotti type loo

6.2m o.a. length, 2.48m beam, draught 0.71m, disp. 1400kg.

First purchased 1/Nov/2003

The wheelhouse is offset to port, giving a wide deep safe path on the starboard side to the bow allowing easy access to anchor. This offset means that the helmsman sits on the centre line of the boat. Folding seat for helmsman. Electric windlass with foot controls at the anchor, or wheelhouse controls.

Cockpit has loads of deck space. Two folding teak benches. Two lockers in rear of cockpit suitable for seating, one has two batteries for split charge system and main fuel tap, still has room for some warps on top of batteries, other has room for the deckwash pump and pipes and loads of room for more warps. Removable thwart type seating between the rear lockers. Big rope locker under deck, has kedge anchor / chain and warp. Fitting for tiller.

Nanni 5.250 85hp Turbo Diesel inboard (80 hours) & 4 blade stainless prop on shaft. Very economical, about 10 litres per hour at cruising speed, 90 litre fuel tank under deck. Serviced in May by Holes Bay Marine.

Comes with many accessories including:

Lowrance HDS7 combo plotter fitted with charts (can take Platinum Plus on SD card) and broadband fish finder, transducer is in-hull.

Portable gas cooker.

Rear transom door to diving platform with ladder.

Under floor live bait tank with raw water feed.

Stainless rod holders x 5.

Life jackets x 4 (bouyancy aid type).

Mariner 5hp outboard and separate tank as wing engine.

new Icom 411 DSC radio.

New deckwash kit (not yet fitted).

Tiller for cockpit steering while trolling.

Fire extinguisher.

Six assorted fenders, several warps, one Alderney ring and buoy, boathook, washdown brush and two large gaffs(??)

Edited by Maverick

Yes, replacement found. Not the 30 footer that i wanted, but not the huge fuel bills either.

Faeton 780, Spanish copy of yank sportfisher, 240diesel to ease the pain, but all the mod-cons, and YEA! deposit is paid.

Got to finish arrangements next week.

If any experienced skipper wants to volunteer to help me get this back from Totnes, it would mean train down, then, if weather is good, about 5 to 6 hours back. All exes paid of course.

john

user posted image

Hi John

Happy to help with delivery if she is mechanically sound.

Great boat, Duncan has the hard top version (Top Morague) and has had plenty of long distance trips.

Can be quite lively in a big sea. Not bad, just typical of a planning hull.

But, in clamer weather she'll cruise far quicker than the usual shaft drive pilot houses (I am assuming yours is on the more common leg than the shaft which they did as an option?).

Do get a mechanical survey on the engine.

It will be a small amount of money well spent.

The engine itself is excellent, but as with many similar boats the engine hatch has a habit of leaking water onto the back of the engine and exhaust manifold causing some serious corrosion and eventually failure to the exposed parts. I seem to remember that water also leaked in from a deck drain from time to time too... could be wrong on that point.

Lovely boat though, well done!

Tom

John

Just as an add on.

Not saying that Boatshed are bad, they are not, but do check you have all key paperwork.

The original supplying Faeton dealer back in 2001 was not reknown for being good with the docs. They have now gone bust so trying to get copies could be fairly hard.

A boat can be sold on the back of a cigarette packet and no law says you must have any of the following except the RCD CE mark, but there are possible ramifications to not having some of it.

Declaration of Conformity (to RCD CE standards)

This will be shown by a little placque in the cockpit somewhere and ideally backed up with a certificate (the certificate is useful, the placque is essential.

Builders Certificate from Faeton

Faeton don't seem to know what these are, but if anyone had ever financed the boat the finance house would have wanted this.

Original Invoice from when the boat was first sold.

This shows VAT was paid at the time.

There is a tiny chance that UK customs could ask you to prove VAT has been paid on the boat. This invoice will be sufficient for that purpose. Without it and that tiny chance happens you could be liable for VAT at the value of the boat on the day they ask. I stress the chance of this happening is a bad luck version of winning the lottery.

More likely is that if the boat was ever sold into the EU, the local country in questions own customs may / will require evidence.

An MCA Bill of Sale from the supplying dealer to the first owner and from that owner to the next and another to the next and so on.

These are not essential, but originals of these help show the boat as being free of encumbrances and that title can truly be proved.

Just a heads up, but if original documents are not available it is possible that the boat has outstanding finance on it. Take the hull number and contact all the key marine finance houses and ask if they have an interest in the vessel.

Lombard

Bank of Scotland (Capital Bank)

Barclays

They are the main ones.

Best of luck

Tom

Thanks Tom

I believe that the boat is made in Spain, so VAT should be OK. Shaft drive. Not as quick as leg, but less trouble. Not vee drive, so engine is placed quite forward, under the wet bar and sink, leaving cockpit unobstructed, with HUGE lazarette and loads of lockers.

Dave has offered to help me get it home, so I will have to research train times.

With the problem of carrying tackle and lifejackets on the train, we probably will not get any fishing done on way home. I have also had a (commercial) offer to go get it by trailer to CQ followed by block off and antifoul, so I have to think carefully.

Having said that, I will scrutinise paperwork thoroughly.

The only bit that I don't know a.t.m is the RCD class, the Arvor is C, this could be C or possibly B.

I made the purchase conditional on the satisfactory result of an engine survey, the rest of the boat is extremely clean, canvases and upholstery spotless, eat your food from the bilge anywhere, not even an oil drip.

Hardest part seems to be arrangements to sell Moa'ki Warrior, as charges for hard standing rack up fast.

John

Thanks Tom

I believe that the boat is made in Spain, so VAT should be OK. John

John

You MUST see the original VAT invoice.

The boat could be built in Outer Mongolia or in Holes Bay.

It makes no odds. You need to be able to prove VAT has been paid. Especially now you have a boat capable of visiting France etc.

If you cannot see evidence of VAT payment then in theory you have all the cards. You can still buy the boat and may never ever have to prove VAT status, HOWEVER, there is still the risk that you will. It's this risk that you now wave at the broker and say, "I love the boat, I want the boat, but what happens if I get the boat to Cobbs and HMRC are down checking paperwork? They'll expect me to pay VAT on the boat at her value on the day they check.

Based on that, my revised offer is